Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin Bieber - I dont get it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Before I ever heard a song of his I saw a documentary/diary on him on MTV and he came across as nothing but a spoilt little brat with people licking his hole just to keep him happy. If the way he acted while the cameras were around is the way he acts on a day to day basis then no wonder he's hated.

What he needs is a good clip round the ear and for someone to put a pin in his inflated ego!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

He took a bottle to the face and kept going, so he's already leaps and bounds ahead of Axl.

I say fair play to him. He's a kid living the high life. Granted, he'll probably have a nervous breakdown and OD before he gets to 18, but he may as well enjoy what little life he has remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I was watching telly there one day (the square thing that's not a computer or a microwave :)) and I flicked over to a channel where a kid was singing with a guitar. No backing band, just him playing a guitar, singing into a microphone. I thought he was brilliant.
    I didn't know until he finished singing that it was Justin Bieber. If I'd known before he started singing, I would've switched over straight away precisely because mass produced pop holds no appeal for me.
    It is quite obvious to me that he is extremely talented. It's also quite obvious to me that he has a disproportionate amount of drive and determination for one so young. Young pop stars should never be under-estimated, they face more pressure than most of us will ever experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

humanji wrote: »
    He took a bottle to the face and kept going, so he's already leaps and bounds ahead of Axl.

Dog **** on the street is leaps and bounds ahead of Axl Rose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Oh, and saying "its gay" is insulting to all the creative and talented LGBT people in music.

Good Point.

I should have said ghey

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Fun fact, 3% of all Twiter traffic is attributed to Bieber, they apparently have a rack of servers dedicated to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Oh god. Broken Bells are up for Best New Artist at the VMAs. I ****ing LOVE Broken Bells. They're an amazing band, yet Justin Bieber has a legion of ballot-stuffing fans that means that he's going to win.

will lose to "Baby" by Justin Bieber, and I, a lonely Broken Bells fan, am powerless to this injustice.

It's like Eastern-bloc voting on Eurovision. Only so, so much worse.

5.1 millions tweens....bloody hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

humanji wrote: »

I say fair play to him. He's a kid living the high life. Granted, he'll probably have a nervous breakdown and OD before he gets to 18, but he may as well enjoy what little life he has remaining.

His greatest hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

322,547,086 views. That has to be the most viewed video on youtube!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bieberfever is everywhere :p I think Usher discovered him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Biggins wrote: »
    American single version of Jedward.

Harsh. At less he has some talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bieberfever is everywhere :p I think Usher discovered him

Overtired child + Bieber fever = This video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Comparing him to jedward is stupid - a quick search on youtube and you can see he can clearly sing and dance very well.

He makes well-polished, slick, cheesy pop music which his fans adore, sure leave them to it what harm does it do. And all these internet campaigns against him - do you think these people are young, attractive, intelligent professionals.....hell just normal? NO - just a bunch of sad fat fuccking internet retards, throttling their mickies, who all look like Harry Knowles.

Not my cup of tea but fair play to the lad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1343823/Justin-Bieber-fans-send-Selena-Gomez-death-threats-kiss-Caribbean.html
    Selena Gomez has received a string of death threats after she was pictured kissing teen star Justin Bieber while holidaying on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia.
    The young stars have been coy about rumors of romance for several months, however the new pictures, which have surfaced online, seem to have confirmed their secret relationship.

Justin's fans, who are popularly known as 'Beliebers', posted several hostile messages to the 18-year-old Disney star......................

First Kim Kardashian and now Selena Gomez

^ mental....all 6.5 million of them!!, he's a shameless self promoter, i cannot fathom his popularity!!, i read a report he is #2 most influential person behind Baraka Obama.........!!!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

What is even scarier is I think I read I article that said this year there is going to be a film made and released about him and his life, they are even thinking about releasing it in 3D.
    I serious hope this is a joke,I mean he is what 15 - what they heck has he done that is so interesting, got potty trained, went to school and is another clone in a long line of tween stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I'm quite happy not knowing who he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

What is even scarier is I think I read I article that said this year there is going to be a film made and released about him and his life, they are even thinking about releasing it in 3D.
    I serious hope this is a joke,I mean he is what 15 - what they heck has he done that is so interesting, got potty trained, went to school and is another clone in a long line of tween stars.

I think on the Graham Norton Show he said the film is of his concerts. TBH, I really don't see the problem with him. I don't see him that often on TV or hear his music that much on the radio. I thought Zac Efron and the Twilight sh1t was a lot more in-your-face then Bieber. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Another milestone in his career. Some would argue unlucky only to make it as high as 7.

http://brainz.org/news/50-most-popular-women-web/2592/

Another milestone in his career. Some would argue unlucky only to make it as high as 7.

http://brainz.org/news/50-most-popular-women-web/2592/

When I saw his music music video I thought he was a girl :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Was it yesterday that 'belieber' haters starting tweeting rip justin bieber and got it trending? Abit harsh like.

But ya, he's known to be abit full of it (but his beliebers on twitter don't see it with his 'my fans are everything to me' stuff he comes out with) but I love his music so meh.
    He was found on youtube so clearly his dream was always to a singer. Fair play to him tbh. I'd say not many people's egos here wouldn't be inflated somewhat if you were selling millions of records, making millions of euros and having millions of girls/boys (your age and younger) throwing themselves at you.
    Millions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

He irritates the ****e out of me and I don't feel the need to explain it anymore than I feel the need to explain why some people appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 evil_cookiee

lol he looks like a lesbian shemale to me /:

he always reminded me to that butcher from a shot at love with tila tequila: http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/A-Shot-at-Love-with-Tila-Tequila/Dani-profile.jpg
    and I didn't actually watch that programme btw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nomad15

I think JBeiber is alright. I mean hes a kid that was discovered on You Tube from one of America's biggest stars-Usher. If Usher saw he had talent I don't see why we should second guess him. He taught himself how to play the drums, piano, and guitar, plus he can dance and sing pretty well. A lot of his fans are younger girls anyways...so who cares?! Leave the little fella alone, hes doing just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Is it just me or is it slightly disturbing that some women find a 15 year old boy "sexy"? Jesus, he even looks a young 15 at that! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Is it just me or is it slightly disturbing that some women find a 15 year old boy "sexy"? Jesus, he even looks a young 15 at that! :eek:

Yes that is creepy. If they said cute in a aw look at the puppy sort of way fine but sexy? He looks like a child.

Advertisement