Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do i prove my wife is not self employed

• 09-09-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

may sound like a daft question but this is what the social welfare inspector has given me 7 days to do
    she has been sick for 6 months having surgery and various complications have supplied a letter from her doctor stating this .
    she has the "tools" to be self employed and prob will when she is fit and able again due to some legislation changes in the driving instruction industry but has not yet started .... if she does how will they assess her income having no previous returns.i asked the inspector what she would accept but she could not say.. any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Does she have accounts for the previous tiem she was working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 swervymervy

no was a housewife until i was made redundant so having been in this industry before she sat the exams in 2009 .has been almost 6 years since she worked (part time).Has the car ready to go and is qualified and registered with rsa (which inspector told me she would have to cancel) and car possibly disposed of as it has been adapted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Go on sick certs.
    Go to your doctor. Get the First Cert (MC1), which is basically the doctor certifying her unfit for work. She won't receive any payments if she hasn't got any stamps but the inspector may accept the fact that she can't work if she's on certs?

She'll have to submit a weekly cert and may even get awarded General Benefit Credits for the time she's on certs.

Advertisement