Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arrogance of tipp people

Options
  • 09-09-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Have u noticed how arrogant tipperary people have become lately?

like im not even from kk and i notice it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If you read the gaa forums there are plenty of people saying the exact same thing about kilkenny people, re. hurling anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

dubes wrote: »

I know! They're the very same as people who start a sentence with 'like':D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

dubes wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I'm from neither county, live in KK 15 years and I'd say KK people are arrogant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

everyone is arrogant if they win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

They wouldn't be so arrogant as to print 5 in a row t-shirts before it actually happened!Tipp is a large county with a subtle but extant socio-economic&cultural North-South divide..there are 2 separate county councils,the accents are perceptibly different,the North is more hurling obsessed (more successfu at club levell&hence more arrogant),with poorer infrastructure,less fertile,more rugged land with more inclement weather,more rural,isolated with greater unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Ah jaysus let them enjoy it! 10 years since the last one. Cork man living in tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Group of Tipp scum bag (Supporters) in carrick on suir last week, abusing a mother and two 5 year old twin girls wearking a kk jersey, and these were grown men standing outside a pub, come on to F***k thought I was hearing things, the poor kids were nearly in tears.

Group of Tipp scum bag (Supporters) in carrick on suir last week, abusing a mother and two 5 year old twin girls wearking a kk jersey, and these were grown men standing outside a pub, come on to F***k thought I was hearing things, the poor kids were nearly in tears.

oh sure were all like that. them goons represent all 150k of us :rolleyes:

allprops wrote: »
    Ah jaysus let them enjoy it! 10 years since the last one. Cork man living in tip!

cork havent exactly being setting the world ablaze either now in the last 10 years. tipp have won as many all irelands as them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

oh sure were all like that. them goons represent all 150k of us :rolleyes:

No not all, but these things seem to happen in carrick on suir a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

cork havent exactly being setting the world ablaze either now in the last 10 years. tipp have won as many all irelands as them

Cork won in 2004 and 2005 . . .and they have 4 more wins overall than tipp . .

Cork won in 2004 and 2005 . . .and they have 4 more wins overall than tipp . .

tipp have won in 01 and 10 which equals what cork have done. im not too worried about the 4 behind ye as the gap will close in sooner rather then later and they'll be no strikes in between

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

and they'll be no strikes in between
    ROFL :D

tipp have won in 01 and 10 which equals what cork have done. im not too worried about the 4 behind ye as the gap will close in sooner rather then later and they'll be no strikes in between

In 6 words you have just proved the Thread Title.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

I dont see why we shouldnt have faith in our men bringing more all irelands back to the premier county. Just goes to show the begrudgers out there. im arrogant because i feel my county has more potential to achieve further and nothing about KK who claimed they'd easily dispose of us and get the 5 in a row?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Theres arrogance and theres common sense, in fairness. Dont be so picky.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Theres arrogance and theres common sense, in fairness. Dont be so picky.
    So common sense is that tipp will win another 4 before cork win one?

Refer to thread title please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Cork will be all ireland champions next sunday:DChampions in the countries most popular game:)

Cork will be all ireland champions next sunday:DChampions in the countries most popular game:)
    Come on now, we're trying to be serious :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Come on now, we're trying to be serious :pac:

You started it:p

You started it:p
    I was saying that was a silly opinion :pac:

Not necessarily, but most neutrals will tell you how well Tipp preformed this year, and how poor Cork did. Cork dont look like a team that will be winning an All Ireland anytime soon. If our form continues, we most certainly should win more soon. Hence, we will close the gap.

As John Spillane would say, dya get it??

But didn't Cork hammer Tipp earlier this year? Tipp did well in the final against a poor Kilkenny performance but they didn't exactly set the world on fire in their other games

But didn't Cork hammer Tipp earlier this year? Tipp did well in the final against a poor Kilkenny performance but they didn't exactly set the world on fire in their other games

Cork did well against a poor Tipp performance, if thats the road you want to go down. Both Waterford and Kilkenny beat Cork this year. Tipp beat both them teams. Your logic is very flawed imo, in what sense did they not set the world on fire in other games? And how was it a poor Kilkenny performance in the final?

Cork did well against a poor Tipp performance, if thats the road you want to go down. Both Waterford and Kilkenny beat Cork this year. Tipp beat both them teams. Your logic is very flawed imo, in what sense did they not set the world on fire in other games? And how was it a poor Kilkenny performance in the final?

Come on now Tipp barely got past Galway, only in injury time right? For the last few weeks we've all been listening to how great this Tipp team is and every time you mention the loss to Cork its just put down to a poor Tipp performance, well its my opinion that Tipp only beat KK because of a poor KK performance, KK's worst game in the last 5 years.

Now if you want proof of how bad that performance was you need only look at the clip of eddie brennan all alone near the 21 and unable to rise the ball after 2/3 attempts. I can't find the number but I'm sure you could have a look at the number of wides hit by KK

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

I think theres alot of people showing arrogance in this thread. Whats the point of the thread anyway? Is it simply to pick on Tipp people? or what was the OP trying to prove.

I beleive that to post a thread with a title like this shows where the true arrogance rests.

Come on now Tipp barely got past Galway, only in injury time right? For the last few weeks we've all been listening to how great this Tipp team is and every time you mention the loss to Cork its just put down to a poor Tipp performance, well its my opinion that Tipp only beat KK because of a poor KK performance, KK's worst game in the last 5 years.

Now if you want proof of how bad that performance was you need only look at the clip of eddie brennan all alone near the 21 and unable to rise the ball after 2/3 attempts. I can't find the number but I'm sure you could have a look at the number of wides hit by KK

Tipp barely got past Galway, but they got past them didnt they? Galway are a good team, it was a great game of hurling, that hardly means this Tipp team is weak in fairness now. Tipp beat Waterford, the Munster Champions, fairly handy in the semi too. Did you want us to beat them by more points too?

You could also look at the number of wides by Tipp in the final - very few. Shur look at the amount of wides KK hit against Galway in the Leinster final, i believe it was 17, and KK still won by a decent margain. Thats no excuse.

So what exactly is the point you're trying to make here tell us?

If our form continues, we most certainly should win more soon.

I guess the point I'm making is that I didn't see anything in Tipp's games this year to suggest that they are going to win a load more All-Irelands anytime soon, I'm sure they will win one or two but...

• Advertisement

I guess the point I'm making is that I didn't see anything in Tipp's games this year to suggest that they are going to win a load more All-Irelands anytime soon, I'm sure they will win one or two but...

Did you see the final?

Advertisement