Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternative to the haf 932?

Options
  • 09-09-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hey guys the only place i can find a cooler master haf 932 full tower case in stock currently is komplett.ie and they arnt working for me at the moment as their security software for payments seems to be in the fritz and its not accepting my mastercard so im looking for other places as a back up as i need to get this pc within the next 2 weeks, now the problem is absolutely no place has the haf 932 in stock so im wondering is there a good full tower replacement i could buy that would offer me similar cooling and space?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

There's the Storm Sniper, which falls inbetween the two smaller HAFs in size and spec, and is rarely much pricier than the HAF932. There's also the slightly pricier HAF-X in some places. And while its pricier still and more suave than industrial the "Super HAF" aka ATCS840 is a great full tower case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i really dont want to go with the haf x as i dont have the budget for it i need my case to be around 130 and for it to be big any ideas? komplett really pulled my legs from under me on this one :( sad because i bought a 40 inch samsung of them two years ago and it went off without a hitch great service,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Try the 922 :)

will a 922 fit 2 5870's? im just wondering as this will be the kind of setup i will be putting into it eventually, is the cooling good in it?

Cooling is especially good if you get two extra 120 mils to go on the side.

I'm pretty sure the 5970 could even fit in it :)

you'd want to check a review first.

• Advertisement

could you link me two well priced fans for it please, also are they hard to install as this will be my first build :o

I haven't actually bought or installed my fans yet D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

haf 932 is friggen massive fwiw :D

what about an antec 1200?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

I have the 922 and a 5850 and there's like 4 inches from the end of the card (without the power cables) to the drive rack. Dunno how much longer a 5970 is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

what about an antec 1200?

Both the Antec 1200 and Storm Sniper cases are huge with plenty of room for even the biggest gfx card around. The 1200 is probably the best of the Antec cases and likewise with the Storm Sniper.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Carne wrote: »
    The 1200 is probably the best of the Antec cases and likewise with the Storm Sniper.

Erm... P19x EATX? HAF-X? ATCS840? (although that one's really for WC)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Solitaire wrote: »
    Erm... P19x EATX? HAF-X? ATCS840? (although that one's really for WC)

Dunno about the P19x EATX? Nothing wrong with the ATCS840 but maybe a little outdated looking imo plus it's expensive and Haf-X is a nice case but again costs a fortune so I'd go with the Sniper or 1200, both better value for money. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

plenty of room in the 932
    heres mine with a 5850

CIMG0738.jpg

ya i know tha haf 932 is big and i wanted it its just no place had it in stock :( anyway i ended up buying its little brother the haf 922 as it seems like a good case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

922 is actually slightly longer and wider than the 932 iirc. Should have no problems fitting the cards anyway.

thats great i presume it has good cooling as its a HAF case? also ive heard that you can even fit a ati hd 5970 into this case (which is currently the biggest card ever created) is this true as i will be looking at putting 1 or 2 big cards into this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

antec 1200 :) :P

i was actually looking at the 1200 but i couldnt stretch my budget for it :( im pretty sure the 922 will be good though

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

ah of course just saying the antec 1200 is a sweet case :) but you wont go wrong with the 922 case thats for sure im building 1 for a friend soon i will post pics when its done :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

thats great i presume it has good cooling as its a HAF case? also ive heard that you can even fit a ati hd 5970 into this case (which is currently the biggest card ever created) is this true as i will be looking at putting 1 or 2 big cards into this case?

Yeah you can fit the 5970 into both the 932 and 922 and have an inch or two of clearance to spare.

Stock cooling is pretty good on both (as you'd expect given the name, HAF stands for "High Air Flow"), but you might want to fit a sidefan to the 922 if you're going for a CrossFire/SLI setup as it doesn't ship with one afaik.

On the subject of the Antec 1200, it fits a 5970 but it's a very tight fit. The HAFs are probably a better option for that card.

Advertisement