Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet red chillie peppers.

Options
  • 09-09-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

My gf bought these giant sweet red chillie peppers in lidl today and I'm wondering how to use them. Can I just use them in stir fries as you would with normal peppers and chillie peppers? Or does anyone have any other suggestions of new dishes I could try with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kikimar

Hi there, if they are the ones that i'm thinking of they are more like normal peppers, not really chillies, used them in all dishes, they add a difference to curries and any mince dish with pasta. Enjoy.
    To any one who can tell me where i can get hold of the famous 'Ghost Chillie' please let me know, my husband and i like it hot, so far all threads that i have found has been in usa.
    and thats not going to help, so any chillie lovers out there drop me a line.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I bought those peppers, stuffed them with feta and basil and roasted. They were really lovely. Much sweeter than the normal bell peppers.

Iv also used them in sweet and sour dishes and salads where they give an extra kick of sweetness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Hmmm yeah I might try stuffing and roasting them. And maybe try some in spaghetti bolognese or lasagne.
    Never heard of ghost chillies, they sound scary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Are they the pickled sweet red peppers? If they are then you can do anything with them, nice to use as stuffing in chicken with some rashers, good for slicing up and throwing into stir fries, lasagne, etc. Only thing i might suggest is if your using them in a particularly spicy dish, throw a little sugar in too to combat the the vinegar, otherwise the can make a dish overly sour. great for making soups though, and goulash!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

No they're fresh peppers. I assume I can still use them in all of the above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

No they're fresh peppers. I assume I can still use them in all of the above?

Yeah, just treat them like a regular bell pepper!! Great for salads too, although we're not exactly having the weather for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

There called Romano peppers, a little more sweet than bell peppers but grown the same way. If you google romano peppers a fair few recipes pop up.

Advertisement