Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Wars!

Options
  • 09-09-2010 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I see Barna are trying to grab back a bit of their recently lost market share with a "pay as you use" service.

Got a leaflet through the letterbox today... you can get either a 120 or 240 litre bin for landfill... €5 per lif for the 120, €8 for the 240 and a 240 litre recycling bin lift costs €3.

You sign up online & then "top-up" on their website, by phone or with Payzone in shops.

Seems like a good deal - especially if, like me, you're usually putting out half empty bins.

Great to see a bit of competition finally bringing down the prices of waste disposal - I paid nearly 300 bucks last year just for bins. Long may it continue!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

seen greenstar doing a pay per weight offer, and acc is billed accordingly, no idea of the costs though.

we put ours our every tree to four weeks at a tenner a time, recycle as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The pay by lift idea is great... I reckon I'll get away with 10 landfill lifts a year and around 5 recycling ones. Most of my food waste goes in the compost bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Bin Wars???

Sounds messy! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the recycling for greenstar is like 100 for the year and then ya pay for your waste.recycling is every two weeks and waste is every week.

Advertisement