Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox rrod ..is it worth it ?

• 09-09-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Is it worth fixing a 20gb version with the three red rings ?

its over three years old and all that crack !!

or would i get 50 or 60 euro with all the stuff for it maby ?

any opinions welcomed :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Have MS said they will not fix it ? See other threads at the minute, call MS and ask them if they will fix it and see what they say they have done it for me before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Truthfully giving Microsoft a ring first is your best bet, just on the off chance they they will fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

there's on prob there........iv broke the warranty seal when I opened it ... was pointless really.. was going to flash it then I didn't so was waste of time!!

they don't fix it if that's broke :( !!

i dunno is it worth fixing !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Use the towel trick on it and sell it!

Not a nice thing to do though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

tuxy wrote: »

Do not listen to this guy dont do that do you relly want some one comeing back to you after it breaks again for them after 30 min or so what dash is on it do you no ?

You will be able to sell it on adverts as is i would even buy it pending on what dash it is at or you could fix it but not with the towel there are loads of guides on how to do it.

• Advertisement

Do not listen to this guy

Agreed

tuxy wrote: »

would you go away ..... if i was living on the street I wouldn't do that to get money !!

Do not listen to this guy dont do that do you relly want some one comeing back to you after it breaks again for them after 30 min or so what dash is on it do you no ?

You will be able to sell it on adverts as is i would even buy it pending on what dash it is at or you could fix it but not with the towel there are loads of guides on how to do it.

how much would it be worth to you then ?

I half thinking of buying new xbox that's why I'm not to bothered about this !! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

An RROD console is worth around €40. If it was JTAGable it'd be worth maybe €65-70.

JTAGable as in Manufacturing Date earlier than June 2009 and you've not connected it to live or played a game released after August 2009 (so you wouldn't be forced to update the dashboard version to 8955, rendering the JTAG useless).

its not JTAGable then !!

thats just for the console then ?

what about with , controller and leads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

its not JTAGable then !!

thats just for the console then ?

what about with , controller and leads

Around €50. People buying RROD consoles probably have enough leads/controllers to do them so they wouldn't increase the value by much.

would you go away ..... if i was living on the street I wouldn't do that to get money !!

Sorry, did not expect anyone to take me seriously

oo the bother !! :)

anyone here want to buy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭VonLuck

One thing I wonder is where you can sell 360's with RRoD? I'm thinking of selling mine. It RRoD once already and was repaired by microsoft and it red ringed again a while ago. Do any stores buy RRoD consoles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Any1 know what my JTAGed console is worth now that it has RROD'd?

Advertisement