Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLYERS..

• 09-09-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Hows it going?

Havent played snooker in ages but use to love a couple of frames and use to enjoy playing in "flyers" around the place.

And seeing as the dark winter nights are just around the corner, I was thinking of maybe trying to get back into it as its something to do.

So if anybody knows of any anywhere in the Dublin area could they let us know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 petermurp

Hi Danya,
    I run a snooker team in south dublin. we participate in the dublin snooker leagues. we have 2 teams at present but with the new season starting in a couple of weeks we're always on the look out for new players. What standard are you playing at,ie what type of breaks are you capable of.

If you;re looking for flyer comps, there's a very good one in celbridge snooker club, quality table. its a handicap comp so you'll receive a harsh handicap for the first few weeks but after 3 to 4 weeks they will have your handicap pretty well assessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Danye

petermurp wrote: »
    Hi Danya,
    I run a snooker team in south dublin. we participate in the dublin snooker leagues. we have 2 teams at present but with the new season starting in a couple of weeks we're always on the look out for new players. What standard are you playing at,ie what type of breaks are you capable of.

If you;re looking for flyer comps, there's a very good one in celbridge snooker club, quality table. its a handicap comp so you'll receive a harsh handicap for the first few weeks but after 3 to 4 weeks they will have your handicap pretty well assessed.

Hows it going Peter? Thanks for the reply, the leagues wouldnt be what im looking for really. Too much competition and to much commitment. Im just looking for something casual where I could drop in and play.

Thanks for the info about celbridge do. Much appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Hi,
    CrossGuns run a flyer on a Wednesday night from October.

Advertisement