Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head's Rob Flynn Robbed.

Options
  • 09-09-2010 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Yesterday, Machine Head frontman Robb Flynnreturned from taking his young son to school to discover his home had been broken into and some irreplaceable items stolen.

Robb wrote on the band's Official Website: "Items include my wife's jewelry, laptops, wakeboards, cash, and most importantly 4 of my guitars including the guitar that I recorded my first album Burn My Eyes with. Also stolen was a guitar that is priceless to me, that was a gift from Dimebag Darrell. The cock suckers even stole my son Zander's mini Flying V I got him for Christmas."

scummy

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.ca/page/News?&news_page=1&news_id=100306

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Pictured below is the blue Washburn Dimebolt prototype Robb Flynn received as a gift from late PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott.

flynndime.jpg

Pictured below is Flynn black Ibanez Stratocaster which was used during the recording sessions for "Burn My Eyes".

flynnibaneznew.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

There's no way the guy who stole all the guitars could sell them on to any decent metal fans, it'd be flagged and reported straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Pyr0 wrote: »
    There's no way the guy who stole all the guitars could sell them on to any decent metal fans, it'd be flagged and reported straight away.

Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

mp3guy wrote: »
    Doubt it.

I would think that these guys will get what's coming too them, if they don't decide to put these items in hiding for the rest of their lives

Then again, hopefully, they're smack addicts...at least that way they'll be too stupid to avoid going to a pawn shop for the next fix...and hopefully someone will spot Flynn's guitar when it's on the market

Remember, Slash got his hat back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Didn't Zakk Wylde have his guitar (that he auditioned with for Ozzy) stolen and returned a few years ago? Hopefully they're recovered, beyond scummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

man that sucks, thats no ordinary guitar, thats a dimebag darrell prototype. a gift to him, he must be boiling over this. scumbags will get whats coming to them eventually. hope he gets it back safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hopefully those guitars will be recovered, I mean they are pretty recognisable. The only likely purchasers of guitars like those from pawn shops or whatever are going to be metal fans who will most likely be aware that Robb Flynn's house was broken into.

Then again I suppose you are relying on people to have a conscience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

This is ****ty, hope he gets them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Think this happened to Satriani also, and it was returned a few days after

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Johnny Marr got a guitar back ten years after it was stolen:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8530075.stm

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

What is a wakeboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

It's happening more and more so maybe musicians are getting targetted......I seem to be reading stories like this every few weeks......so there must be a market for the stolen goods......sad

only say a couple of weeks back that Tony Iomi had one of his red SG's robbed from High Voltage in July.....nice thing to do when the band are playing a Tribute show with fee's going to charity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

What is a wakeboard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakeboarding

Oh and about Iommi's SG, I hope he gets it back too. :mad: c*nt who stole it probably listens to muppet music.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭dutch1

Youi cant replace stuff like that . a wakeboard maybe but not a guitar given to ye by 'Dimeball'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

dutch1 wrote: »
    Youi cant replace stuff like that . a wakeboard maybe but not a guitar given to ye by "Dimebag".[/QUOTE]

Fixxed

Advertisement