Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - connection quality

• 09-09-2010 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

the problem im experiencing (and i know from some previous posts others in dublin have this) is described in this forum post clearly:

http://www.thesgl.com/forums/topic/461499/

The 1st engineer that called out and read this above post said it was the "amp down the road set too high. he will get the lads out to it 2moro and set it properly for you." This problem started in March and has persisted 24hrs a day since then.

Nothing came of it.

The 2nd engineer, after some tests/phone calls/30 mins came to the conclusion that the problem node/server hop shown in my trace route is not owned or controlled by UPC. This is untrue - a simple whois search proves him way off the mark!

Is there anyone out there that can attempt to describe what is happening at my exchange (i assume its the Sutton d13 exchange). Why does my ping vary uniformly between 30ms and 60ms at 4am? Why can none of their tech support heads see any issue? I really dont want to leave UPC as their speeds and prices are great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Exchange?

UPC don't use Telephone Exchanges. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dylanpp

ok not an exchange but whatever im connecting to... these IPs;

188.141.42.1 (which is 99.9% of the time fine)
    188.141.126.193 (which is 100% of the time f***ed)
    188.141.42.108 (is my own IP atm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

In the past 2 days my connection has gone to the dogs. I got the free speed upgrade to 15 meg a few weeks ago and all was well and good. But now it's dire. On speed test I'm getting my full speed but my packet loss it over 50% from 0% and 12 ms jitter up from 1 ms. I used to have near perfect line quality on my 10Meg connection.

24037035.png

I have to keep hitting F5 for a site to load up properly:mad:. Also the house phone is very hit and miss as to when it will work or not.

Browsing is so slow even though my speedtest is saying 14.8Mb down and 1.2Mb up.

UPC are saying there are no faults when there is clearly a major one on on the line.

your issue will very very likely be fixed soon. ive been 6 months with mine

http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/dbul4/help_with_net_connection_quality/

2m2xijm.jpg

top left is a screenshot at 12pm, bottom 2 are at 5pm+ and top right is a screenshot from last february

• Advertisement
Advertisement