Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just discovered....

Options
  • 10-09-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Guacamole!! OMG its so delicious! How have I never had it before? (im 24 by the way)

so it got me thinking, what other yummy foods are out there I have yet to bless my tastebuds with?

What foods have you tasted recently or recently discovered that you can now never live without?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Fish fingers and oven chips!

After years of sticking up my nose at anything frozen other then veg (thanks mum), I discovered both about 2 months ago.

Oven chips are surprising nice, and much healthier then chipper chips!

And fish finger sandwiches: 3 fishfingers, pitta bread, capers/gherkin, salt pepper, mayo. One of the best after pub meals ever. And cheap. Don't laugh until you try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I discovered coleslaw recently. I too had turned my nose up at it and assumed I didnt like it. I dont know why. Now I LOVE it!! I even make my own now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Lots of Japanese style dishes because my sister in law is Japanese. I particularly love her home made sushi and also buckwheat soba noodles with mizo sauce. YUM. I also discovered the joy that is tempura. Deep fried vegetables in a lovely crispy light batter.

I love guacamole too its delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thomas353

I RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT IF YOU GET A POTATO CUT IT INTO STRANDS, ABOUT 4 INCHES LONG AND DEEP FRY THEM IN VEGETABLE OR BEEF DRIPPING THERE LOVELY,....ESPECIALLY WITH A KEBAB

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

After my discovery of guacamole, I now want to try lots of new foods (although I am a vegetarian) and today tried hummus, made my own and its really tasty!
    Love homemade coleslaw too, think most things taste better homemade tbh!

Im liking everyones culinary discoveries though, keep them coming, theres a whole new world of interesting food out there waiting to be tasted! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

My 3 year old daughter is a very picky eater, as most kids are of that age. She has always disliked fish and would sniff it first and say 'disgusting'. Recently, we were out eating and I had some calamari and she asked for some, not knowing what it was. She loved it! Now she asks for calamari whenever we eat out and gorges on it! We still have not the heart to explain to her what it is as she still states she hates fish!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Pan fried Atlantic scallops and black pudding.

Lobster thermidor.

But nothing tops

Kobe beef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Just discovered the Chico Special in a local chipper.
    A burger with taco sauce, lettuce and the meat patty is sandwiched by 2 slices of donor kebab meat.

Like the song goes....
    "ItookabiteofachicospecialandI JIZZED IN MY PANTS!"

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

Prawns and crab claws. I hated seafood until I went on holidays and ate fresh prawns and crab claws.

When I got home I went to the fishmonger in Howth and picked up a load.
    All you need to do is boil them for a few mins and they taste fantastic. It can be a little bit hard to eat the crab claws tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Fried egg served on a chilli tomato sauce on a tortilla. Sounds ridiculous and an unlikely combination but is outstanding. It's, apparently, commonly served at breakfast in Mexico. Best with strong black coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 thomas353

lydl economy dog food on aldi bread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Yay for veggies hehe.
    Humus!! Yum definite fav of mine.
    Another recent discovery of mine was an aubergine dip that a friend made. Was nice and savoury. Went really nice with some crusty bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

my wife introduced me to a few slices of wafer thin smoked ham rolled up with a squirt of salad cream inside. you wouldn't think it, but it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Brendog wrote: »
    Just discovered the Chico Special in a local chipper.
    A burger with taco sauce, lettuce and the meat patty is sandwiched by 2 slices of donor kebab meat.

Like the song goes....
    "ItookabiteofachicospecialandI JIZZED IN MY PANTS!"

Where is this chipper? Sounds amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Cucumber cut into chip shapes and deep fried. The only real way to eat cucumber!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

my local chipper does a tray of garlic cheesy chips with bacon & mushrooms thrown in for good measure. they also do chips with chilli, cheese & taco sauce too. :)

and there's a pizza place near me that does a doner or chicken kebab pizza that's pretty good too. :)

Advertisement