Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of UPC

• 10-09-2010 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

I know many have never had problems, but this my situation.

Was supposed to be getting an upgrade up to 25mb, the broadband stopped working, the next morning I rang UPC. They said they'd send a technician over on friday, in 5 days time.

On thursday, broadband returns and another technician calls, telling us the signal has returned. The technician didn't come on Friday. I went away for a week and when I returned, my girlfriend tells me the internet has been very slow.

5 speed tests tell me: I'm getting 3-4mb!?

This, on top of constant "Broadband knocking off" & "DNS Errors" (Consistently)
    Technician is coming tommorrow. 4th one we've had.

Anybody the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Sorry to hear you are having problems but I have to say that compared to Eircom they are amazing. If Eircon paid me I still wouldn't have them in the house and the 2 times I've had problems with UPC they sorted them out quickly and were even polite on the phone. I hope they sort you out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

when it's working properly it's the best broadband you can currently get in ireland and with the impending 100mbps upgrades that's not likely to change any time soon.

unfortunately you're having problems, but just do what i did when i had issues with them and just bombard them with emails every 3 days (to give them time to respond to each one) complaining and asking for it to be fixed and they'll see you're having problems and (eventually) they'll sort it out. if it's sorted quickly then all the better, but if it's not then there's a very good chance they'll give you a decent discount until it is if they can see you're having ongoing problems. and if they don't by all means don't be afraid to ask. :P

think about it this way.

if you dumped UPC tomorrow and got DSL in from eircom or whoever else, what sort of speed are you going to get for the same sort of price as UPC? my guess is, if you're anything like most of the people here, it'll probably be 3-4mbps, so you're not going to be any better off than you are now. :)

call them, let them send out their on-site tech guys, they're normally very nice and sympathetic to your problems anyway and if it's not fixed then just keep emailing them every three days asking for updates on your issue and keep giving them as much info as you can gather like what you're doing when it dies on you, or keep a log of what times of day it's happening and for how long, are you losing lights on the router, or is it just connectivity from your PC, do some pning tests when it goes pear shaped, etc. etc. and they'll get to the bottom of it and then you'll be laughing (eventually) when it's sorted. :)

Advertisement