Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbie to cycling

• 10-09-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm 23 and decided I wanted to get fitter by taking up cycling, I do the odd bit of cycling here and there but nothing worth writing home about. I recently had open heart surgery(twice) and I thought this would be a great way of getting back into shape and fitness again as I wanna keep outta gyms.

I was up in my local bike shop and was looking at all the bikes. I have a hybrid bike at the moment, I used it during the summer a bit and loved the freedom of having the bike.

I was thinking about investing in a road bike or something the lines of a bike I saw the other day, it said Cube SL Cross, it was all white, anyone know what their like? I went to my local store but the guy in the bike store wasn't very helpful to me. I'm unsure what size to get, I'm 6ft 1 and weigh around 12stone. My budget is around the 450euro mark. I don't really know what I need and how to go about all this but I really wanna get into the cycling so any help is appreciated

thankssmile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Get your doctors advice before doing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

doctors have told me that any form of cardio exercise is excellent for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Great. Go to a better bike store where they'll do a fitting. (for the bike)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Can you let us know what part of the country you're in - that would help with suggested good bike shops.
    Also, you said you had a budget of €450 - can you avail of the bike to work scheme, and if so, would that increase your budget?

At a basic €450, you should be able to get a decent 2nd hand bike, don't think its worth spending that on a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Take a look at this thread - another guy looking to buy a bike for similiar money. Might give you some ideas.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056026879

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I'm based in North City Dublin.

I was looking at the Cube Hooper or something similar. Are these bikes decent? Sadly I can't avail of the bike to work scheme!

thanks for your help

Advertisement