Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rock Report (Radio Nova)

• 10-09-2010 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭

I'm just listening to the the repeat now. It's ****ing hilarious. I'd say the backers of nova are really impressed....not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

It's pretty poor alright.

Listening to it feels like you're eavesdropping on a slightly addled taxi driver from Drimnagh telling christmas cracker gags & reminiscing about the time he was a roadie for Horslips while he reads the "entertainment" news from the evening Herald out loud to an overenthusiastic Montessori school teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

mike65 wrote: »
    ???????????

Nova's "The Rock Report". It's broadcast between 6 and 7 , and repeated at night. It isn't very good. I dont like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers I'll make sure to to miss it then! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I think the most important element for this station is undoubtedly the music. So, in fact, "The Rock Report" is a good compromise in its efforts to fulfill the 20% news remit, whilst concentraing on what the station is supposed to be about. I actually enjoy that show. It appears that I am in a minority on that front.

I like the relative informality of it. It is clear that Tommy Walsh is a big fan of music and knows his music - he is after all a musician himself. Marty Miller, the experienced deejay that he is, and Tommy talk about rock news items, helped by Hot Press. I would have thought that real rock fans would like to hear this.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I agree. To the casual listener, maybe it sounds a bit iffy, what with Tommy's strong accent, but after all it is a DUBLIN station, and Tommy is a good rock-type musician.

And if you listen to it for a while you do realise that BOTH of them have a real passion for the music and a lot of knowledge.

Both are very nice guys - give it a chance!

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

alinton wrote: »
    I agree. To the casual listener, maybe it sounds a bit iffy, what with Tommy's strong accent, but after all it is a DUBLIN station, and Tommy is a good rock-type musician.

And if you listen to it for a while you do realise that BOTH of them have a real passion for the music and a lot of knowledge.

Both are very nice guys - give it a chance!

A.

Are the last two posters double teaming for nova on every related thread?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Eamon Carr on the Rock Report this week has been brilliant!

I normally tune out during the presenters waffle but he is a breath of fresh air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Eamon Carr on the Rock Report this week has been brilliant!

I normally tune out during the presenters waffle but he is a breath of fresh air!

Did you hear him last night? Roared out laughing and called Richie Sambora a "sad f**k!" live on air :O

I nearly clipped the ditch laughing.

Advertisement