Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gig Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Watch out for a date for Eddie Vedder in Perth soon

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Anyone go to Summadayze in Perth?

Some absolute tripe like David Guetta at it but there were some cracker djs there aswell. Had an unreal day, Claude Von Stroke and Erol Alkan really rocked the place!!
    Think I might go to big day out just to see Booka Shade, they have no more dates listed in Perth but hopefully they'll add one.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

Queens of the stone age announced a side show in march, win!

Any1 see interpol last week? Pretty good show, though their setlist wasn't was good as i wanted, alot of antics very little bright lights... Enmore theatre though, not sure about it

Sideshow's in melbs and Sydney, Sydney's where i'm gonna see em

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tibor_imo

Anyone go to Summadayze in Perth?

Some absolute tripe like David Guetta at it but there were some cracker djs there aswell. Had an unreal day, Claude Von Stroke and Erol Alkan really rocked the place!!
    Think I might go to big day out just to see Booka Shade, they have no more dates listed in Perth but hopefully they'll add one.

Saw Claude, Erol and Boyz Noise in Melb, quality day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Doves & KoL cancelled -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I’m going to Melbourne Laneway Festival this weekend.

!!! (chk chk chk)
    ARIEL PINK's HAUNTED GRAFFITI
    Baptism of Uzi
    BEACH HOUSE
    BEAR IN HEAVEN
    BLONDE REDHEAD
    BUCHANAN
    CLOUD CONTROL
    CUT COPY
    DEERHUNTER
    FOALS
    GOTYE
    HOLY F@#K
    JENNY AND JOHNNY
    LES SAVY FAV
    LOCAL NATIVES
    MENOMENA
    PVT
    RAT VS POSSUM
    STORNOWAY
    THE ANTLERS
    THE HOLIDAYS
    TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB
    VIOLENT SOHO
    WARPAINT
    WORLD'S END PRESS
    YEASAYER

Will be 3 stages so some overlapping of bands I want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Some great bands playing the Laneways this year but I can't bring myself to go to that festival again. The last one in the city (2 years ago I think) was the most poorly organised festival I've ever been to. Sold way too many tickets for the capacity of the various laneways/stages and hardly got to see anything. I hear it's meant to be much better now it's in Footscray though..

Tonight I have Primal Scream doing Screamadelica at the Forum...can't wait.

And Villagers (or two of 'em anyway) on Sunday which should be good.

Doc wrote: »
    I’m going to Melbourne Laneway Festival this weekend.

!!! (chk chk chk)
    ARIEL PINK's HAUNTED GRAFFITI
    Baptism of Uzi
    BEACH HOUSE
    BEAR IN HEAVEN
    BLONDE REDHEAD
    BUCHANAN
    CLOUD CONTROL
    CUT COPY
    DEERHUNTER
    FOALS
    GOTYE
    HOLY F@#K
    JENNY AND JOHNNY
    LES SAVY FAV
    LOCAL NATIVES
    MENOMENA
    PVT
    RAT VS POSSUM
    STORNOWAY
    THE ANTLERS
    THE HOLIDAYS
    TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB
    VIOLENT SOHO
    WARPAINT
    WORLD'S END PRESS
    YEASAYER

Will be 3 stages so some overlapping of bands I want to see.

Man i wish i could afford to see them, i love Cut Copy. Wish they'd do a sideshow

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

FUTURE MUSIC TICKETS PURCHASED

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Really want to get Future tickets cause it's held 5 minutes from my apartment. That's on March 6 and I already have a ticket for Soundwave which is March 7. It'd be some effort to do both but I probably will.

• Advertisement

Future line-up is class imo, there's a bogey one or two (Kesha) but thats just becasue they are on he same promo company here for a stand along tour

Soundwave wouldn't really be my thing, bar one or two.
    Good vibrations is a class line up but trying to save in feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

St.Kilda Festival this weekend lads and lassies!

Tonnes on - busking, street art/performers, daycent grub, cider stage mmm

Some standout bands for me include: Jebediah, Hungry Kids of Hungary, Tijuana Cartel!, Stonefield

Handy pdf to print out; http://www.stkildafestival.com.au/Uploads/Festival%20Sunday%20Line%20Up.pdf

http://www.stkildafestival.com.au/2011-s2/

See you down the front :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Let's keep this thread lit lads :D

This weeks purchase include: Grooving the Moo Festival, Bendigo

http://www.gtm.net.au/bendigo.html Saturday April 30th, 2011

Line up:

AC Slater
    Architecture In Helsinki
    Art Vs Science
    The Aston Shuffle
    Birds of Tokyo
    Bliss n Eso
    Cut Copy
    Darwin Deez (USA)
    Datarock (NOR)
    Drapht
    The Drums (USA)
    The Go! Team (UK)
    Gotye
    Gyroscope
    The Holidays
    Horrorshow
    House Of Pain (USA)
    The Jezabels
    Nina Las Vegas (triple j)
    Sampology (AV/DJ Set)
    Tim & Jean+
    UNKLE Live (UK)
    Washington
    The Wombats (UK)

Fu<k aye :pac:

tickets still available here http://www.moshtix.com.au/event.aspx?id=43260&ref=moshtix

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

good thread guys! im new to melbourne, what are good papers or web sites for up comeing gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

cooper90 wrote: »
    good thread guys! im new to melbourne, what are good papers or web sites for up comeing gigs?

Two free weekly magazines Inpress and Beat are all you need. (Actually, one is really all you need. There's a lot of overlap).

Available all over the place in the city. Check doorways of shops/cafes etc. Definitely outside JB HiFi on Bourke St.

For websites, not sure about a general gig listing one but the individual websites of the various venues are good. Off the top of my head, try the Corner Hotel in Richmond, The East Brunswick Club (Lygon St), The Northcote Social Club, The Metro, The Forum, The HiFi, Billboard, The Palais, Prince of Wales, The Espy... I'm sure there's more too.

Brag seems to be the equivilant of Melb's free mag in Sydney...

Soooooo, does anyone have/know anyone with an extra QOTSA sideshow ticket in Sydney, 3rd've March... Willing to buy it obviously. Serious scalping on the cards on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

Two free weekly magazines Inpress and Beat are all you need. (Actually, one is really all you need. There's a lot of overlap).

Available all over the place in the city. Check doorways of shops/cafes etc. Definitely outside JB HiFi on Bourke St.

For websites, not sure about a general gig listing one but the individual websites of the various venues are good. Off the top of my head, try the Corner Hotel in Richmond, The East Brunswick Club (Lygon St), The Northcote Social Club, The Metro, The Forum, The HiFi, Billboard, The Palais, Prince of Wales, The Espy... I'm sure there's more too.

thannks dude ill keep an eye out for it! havent been to a gig in ages now, rage against the machine in the point months ago was the last one i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

For anyone around perth tomorrow..good vibs are selling tickets for 1/2 price($80) or if one of youre mates has a ticket you can get in free!!

http://www.goodvibrationsfestival.com.au/Perth/Info/HALF-PRICE-TICKETS-AND-BRING-A-FRIEND-FOR-FREE-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

AGWA Boat PArty in sydney on the 19th of March. If anything like the last one its a must

Also UNKLE playing the Opera House in May. have yet to make it past the front doors of the place even though i've been here nearly 2 yrs but this will definitely change that

Sydney soundwave was class... Less than jake, murderdolls and QOTSA up there as the best. Sum41 did themselves proud, and one day as a lion...man, i did not see those beats comng!

Queens in the enmore theatre, good craic!

Any1 catch either of these

• Advertisement

Sum 41 have pulled out of the rest of Soundwave :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Stone Temple Pilots doing their first ever Australian tour:

Sun 20 Mar - Hordern Pavilion, Sydney
    Thu 24 Mar - Newcastle Entertainment Centre

Weird Al Yankovic

Fri 18 Mar - Enmore Theatre

Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Wed 20 Apr - Enmore Theatre

ZZ Top

Wed 27 & Thurs 28 Apr - Enmore Theatre

The Dandy Warhols

Sun 29 May - Enmore Theatre

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Really want to get Future tickets cause it's held 5 minutes from my apartment. That's on March 6 and I already have a ticket for Soundwave which is March 7. It'd be some effort to do both but I probably will.

Did you go?

Mellor wrote: »
    Did you go?

Only to Soundwave in the end. Couldn't afford another 150 bucks for what turned out to be a sardine fest apparently.

Soundwave was quality though. I saw Feeder, Less Than Jake, Gaslight Anthem (:D), Stone Sour, Primus, Slash, One Day As A Lion, New Found Glory, Queens of the Stone Age, and a bit of Iron Maiden who were boring as fuck so I left.

Seeing Slash belt out the old Guns 'n' Roses classics was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Seeing Slash belt out the old Guns 'n' Roses classics was unreal.

man, saw him in Sydney last year in doors at the hordern. Was classic (myles kennedy on vocals).

Only to Soundwave in the end. Couldn't afford another 150 bucks for what turned out to be a sardine fest apparently.

I've never heard of sardine fest tbh.
    I imagine (or is that hope) its the opposite of a sausage fest.
    roll on saturday

Mellor wrote: »
    I've never heard of sardine fest tbh.
    I imagine (or is that hope) its the opposite of a sausage fest.
    roll on saturday

I wish it meant the opposite (though Soundwave was talent filled in a funky kinda way).

By sardine fest I meant it was absolutely jammed with insane beer queues etc.

I like my version.
    Jammed to the gills with fish, i'll pretend that's what will happen

Yeah, i'll be getting pretty tanked early, as its just too big a venue to be going for beers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Advertisement

Foo Fighters announced their tour today, starting in Perth on November 28 :D

Tickets on sale next week.

Advertisement