Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gig Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Tenacious D are support for Foos

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

:pac: DJ Shadow- Shadowsphere Tour Headline Show Palace Sunday 31/7/11

Reduced tickets $60 from $80; must not be selling aswell as hoped

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=DJSHADOW11

http://www.djshadow.com/tour looks awesome, he is one of the best in the business :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Foo Fighters announced their tour today, starting in Perth on November 28 :D

Tickets on sale next week.

Presale Sydney tomorrow at 2pm - sign up to http://www.frontiertouring.com/foofighters for details

Prices are $107 / $130 :eek:
    Hopefully $107 for standing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nope, it's $131.85 for standing in Perth. The cheaper seats are seating :rolleyes:

Preseale also got moved from today.

I got my tickets - since when do they charge a CC fee as well as a transaction fee?
    also tickettek was full, so used m.tickettek.com.au (via normal browser) and it worked fine - handy tip

• Advertisement

$142.54 after Ticketmaster rape you sideways! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

$142.54 after Ticketmaster rape you sideways! :eek:

108Euro for a standing ticket, damn, i thought we were gettin it bad over here

Gomez back in Melbourne! :D

August 4th - Palace Theatre Melbourne..they never dissapoint in their live shows

http://au.5gig.com/gigs/Gomez-Melbourne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Those tickets are expensive but got myself two anyway. More interested in Tenacious D really than Foo Fighters....

Elbow are back to rock Melbourne for two nights this week..these guys been on fire this year off the back of a brilliant Glastonbury set :D

Think theres some tics left for thursday night show..anybody heading along?

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=elbow11#.Ti66Kc0vSa8

will be a corker :pac:

• Advertisement

The Harvest Festival in November looks feckin awesome with Bright Eyes, The National and The Flaming Lips amongst others but, surprise surprise, there's no Perth date :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

The Harvest Festival in November looks feckin awesome with Bright Eyes, The National and The Flaming Lips amongst others but, surprise surprise, there's no Perth date :rolleyes: :mad:

Grabbed my tickets yesterday.... should be great (even if the Melbourne show is in Werribee).

Perth and WA always seems to get shafted when it comes to these type of touring festivals, tis a pity :rolleyes:

I was over at southbound last new years, but fu*k me it was hot like three days of 38degrees +, where would you get it

Perth and WA always seems to get shafted when it comes to these type of touring festivals, tis a pity :rolleyes:

I was over at southbound last new years, but fu*k me it was hot like three days of 38degrees +, where would you get it

Yeah it's a pain in the hole when they don't come here, and even when they do we get feck all sideshows as well.

Southbound is a joke. Has the potential to be awesome as it's our only decent camping festival yet they have it in bloody January. Who wants to camp in that heat? Stick it in March ffs.

Big day out sideshows (Sydney) here
    http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BDOSIDE12#.Ts73tVbLjSj

Password: bigdayout

Noel Gallagher, Röyksopp , Battles & Kasabian

BDO is a disgrace this year, the lineup is a joke and they've shafted Perth and Adelaide with the acts they've dropped and the lack of sideshows. Don't think I'll ever go to one again.

Soundwave on the otherhand... :eek: stunning lineup, like it's 2000 all over again! Couldn't believe it when Bush were added :D

Went to see The Natoional last week which was fantastic and I've got Death Cab For Cutie (two nights in Feb) and Bon Iver (March) lined up for the new year as well as the Foos on Monday.

Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Aslan playing in Prince of Wales on Dec 7th in St Kilda.

Arctic Monkeys are coming in Jan to Melbourne too.

Going to see Eddie Izzard 2moro night. Quite excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

dave3004 wrote: »
    Aslan playing in Prince of Wales on Dec 7th in St Kilda.

Arctic Monkeys are coming in Jan to Melbourne too.

Going to see Eddie Izzard 2moro night. Quite excited.

ASLAN and QUIET EXCITED in the same post. holy mother of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

Not to mention The Rubberbandits who also play St. Kilda soon enough!

Not to mention The Rubberbandits who also play St. Kilda soon enough!

and cock and bull bondi
    http://www.moshtix.com.au/event.aspx?id=51839

• Advertisement

Foo Fighters was awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Foo Fighters was awesome! :D
    I agree! That was the 5th time I've seen them and it was probably the best. Dave Grohl is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 emcollin

Planning to land in brisbane on the 8th of March and Bon Iver is playing there a week later. Really hoping I find tickets when I get over there, but thinking I might be fairly unrealistic!
    Also anyone thinking of byron bay bluesfest...looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

Bumpin the sh*t outta this...

Since it's festival time again, any1 hittin Soundwave?

Just sold out, i'm gutted!

Also girltalk this weekend in the Enmore theatre!

Did the smart thing and bought my Soundwave ticket the day they were released, same for Bon Iver and Death Cab (both nights).

No way I was missing out on any of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Got my Death Cab for Cutie and Bon Ivor tickets for Melbourne too.

Going to Big Day out this Sunday, mainly to see Soundgarden and Kasabian. A bit of a hit and miss line up after that apart from Noel Gallagher and I'm seeing him playing alone on Tuesday.

Been some great gigs of late. Arctic Monkeys in the Palace (think the Olympia in Dublin but more intimate) was one of the best i have ever been too. I'm still getting over missing the Fleet Foxes though.

Any rumours floating about the Stone Roses touring over here? I got tickets to the Dublin gig and will plan my holidays around going home for it but would be nice if they played somewhere in Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Anyone in Melbourne going to Laneway Festival? Got my ticket off a mate today. Good line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Went to BDO over the weekend and absolutely loved it but thought that the alcohol situation was a bit crazy, only being able to drink inside enclosed areas. Is this the case for all festivals here?

All ages festivals, yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Bump

Right so Festival line ups have started to be announced for the summer. Has anything caught anyones eye?

Got my industry ticket to Stereosonic, its looking decent enough with:
    Carl Cox, Diplo, Loco Dice, Adam Beyer, Joris Voorn, Brodinski, Gesaffelstein and personal highlights.

Weezer have been announced playing, to quote Ticketek, 'their greatest hits and The Blue Album from start to finish.'

I love The Blue albumn and Pinkerton but havnt listened to much Weezer since then. How likely is it they wil play the complete Blue album as I would like to see them for old times sake.

Any opinions on BDO? Not too bad would like to see Chillis again, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend, Death Grips and Crystal Castles.

Anyway its something to think about to get through the colc cold weather we have at the mo.
    :cool:

Advertisement