Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hours for coop

Options
  • 10-09-2010 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

im on coop at the minute and to be rather blunt about it- the coop office is the most unhelpful useless organization and have so far only caused me stress and frustration

after organizing my own placement, i'm now confused about the amount of hours i should be doing

one of the coop staff told me about a part-time placements - so i presumed it didn't have to be full time

another member told me it had to be over 450hours in total

another told me it had to be full-time

and another told one of my classmates it didn't matter as long as you were out working

i'm afraid to ask the coop office now in case they tell me my placement isnt giving me enough hours so it wont count. i'm doing between 15-20 hours a week in a job that's very relevant to my course.

so anyone know the required hours needed to be worked!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

That should be plenty of hours. Many students won't get any placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Be honest, just ask for confirmation.
    That should be fine though, I've seen other friends who had similar hours because that's all the work the business could give.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

As long as your placement is for the bones of 6 months (or 8 if you're in engineering, god love 'em), they won't mind. They just want people out doin a job.

Personally, I was doing a full 5 day, 9-5 job myself. The rest of my course (Psych & Soc) would have done slightly less.

Advertisement