Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB readings

Options
  • 10-09-2010 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Does anyone enter their own readings to the esb website?

Is there much of a difference between doing this and using the esbs own estimates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ye you pay for what you have used each month instead of it balancing every 2 - 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I do this aswell, no nasty surprises, the bill is always accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

last year after I moved out of my house and closed the esb account with the final reading it turned out they owed me €400!! Fine for most but im a student and getting the money back is like getting blood from a stone, 2 weeks and nothing. So yes just enter you meter readings every 2 weeks or so

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

First bill I got from them was €100 over (should have been €90). I rang them the day I got the bill, they had a revised bill out to me the next day or the day after and only the €90 was taken from my account. Any bill since then has been more or less spot on.

I would definately check each estimated bill tho. For the sake of two minutes checking the meter and a possible phonecall you could save yourself a lot of money.

Advertisement