Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracts and Locked phones

Options
  • 10-09-2010 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭

My question is why?

There are currently several threads about people who have contracts they want to get out of for various reasons, such as not being able to get a signal where they live or where they need to. Now there is another thread about someone buying an expensive phone from a carrier - I presume it is locked - who can't get a signal.

Why do people get into contracts and buy locked phones when they tie their hands and limit their choices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

cnocbui wrote: »
    Why do people get into contracts and buy locked phones when they tie their hands and limit their choices?

cause they get discounted hardware. Most people couldn't be arsed having to look around month by month to see what post pay account they want to be on and given the cost of sim free phones and how often phones are usually replaced i.e. every year, most people will just go with the year -18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I normally don't like contracts but I decided to bite the bullet and go for it as I wanted a HTC Desire and it worked out the cheapest way to get it (versus a full price sim-free phone and average monthly credit spend).

Anyway I got out of the contract last month so I'm singing! I decided to stay on a lite bill plan which only has a 30 day contract (which I see the same as topping up by 20 euro and having 30 days of offers)

Advertisement