Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arms find in Tipperary

Options
  • 10-09-2010 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Thursday, September 9, 2010, 20:43Arms find in Tipperary

ÉANNA Ó CAOLLAÍ
    Eight men are due in court following a substantial arms find on the outskirts of Tipperary town today.
    The men, said by gardaí to be in their 20s and 30s, were arrested during a search operation in which four suspected pipe-bombs, a handgun and ammunition were found.
    Gardaí said they were targeting individuals suspected of involvement in drug distribution and organised crime in the region.
    Fifteen dwellings were searched in the operation but the arms, ammunition, and suspected pipe bombs were found in a laneway.
    The arrested men were initially questioned at garda stations in Tipperary and Thurles under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984.
    One of the men is due before Youghal District Court tomorrow and the other seven were released on bail and are due to present at Tipperary District Court next Wednesday.
    The Army's explosive ordnance disposal unit was called to the scene to examine the suspected pipe-bombs. The firearm and ammunition were removed for forensic examination, gardaí said.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

what are yer taughts on this?? close to were i live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Where exactly was it? Lattin or Lacken? Scary stuff. Was it locals or blow ins? I'm surprised they've been released on bail.

Where exactly was it? Lattin or Lacken? Scary stuff. Was it locals or blow ins? I'm surprised they've been released on bail.

lacken outside tipp town

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

lacken outside tipp town

I live in tipp town and never heard of lacken. Whereabouts is this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

rob55 wrote: »
    what are yer taughts on this?? close to were i live!
    it hasnt really taught me anything tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

kakee wrote: »
    I live in tipp town and never heard of lacken. Whereabouts is this.

between tipp and bansha around o Dwyer Tarmac

tom thum wrote: »
    it hasnt really taught me anything tbh

coming from bansha side past bansha woods turn left opposite springhouse b&b,

it should have taught u something!! people goin round wit pipebombs!! and such , u find anything in them woods!

Advertisement