Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote access question

Options
  • 10-09-2010 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭

I have a question,

Is there a way to do the following,

Lets say i have free calls to a landline number from my mobile,
    Beside this ladline i have a PC with internet access,
    I am away & i want to dial up this landline using my mobile but heres the tricky part,

Can i somehow transfer data in a way that i can remotley use the internet connection on the remote PC through the ladline feeding back to my mobile phone & ultimatley into my laptop that i have away with me??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have a question,

Is there a way to do the following,

Lets say i have free calls to a landline number from my mobile,
    Beside this ladline i have a PC with internet access,
    I am away & i want to dial up this landline using my mobile but heres the tricky part,

Can i somehow transfer data in a way that i can remotley use the internet connection on the remote PC through the ladline feeding back to my mobile phone & ultimatley into my laptop that i have away with me??

Stick and old 56k modem into the PC and dial into it that way. It's messy and slow though. Just use a VNC/RDP client from the laptop over the net to the desktop over a proper broadband connection.

Advertisement