Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get touch up paint for my car

• 10-09-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

How do I go about getting a small tin of touchup paint to match the colour of my car. Is there a code somewhere which will give me the correct match?

I want to cover some light rust marks which are starting to appear where the rear door edges have been banged off various things by the kids etc and a few other small marks.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

batman1 wrote: »
    How do I go about getting a small tin of touchup paint to match the colour of my car. Is there a code somewhere which will give me the correct match?

I want to cover some light rust marks which are starting to appear where the rear door edges have been banged off various things by the kids etc and a few other small marks.

Any help is appreciated.

It depends on the car but usually there will be a sticker or some sort of plaque under the bonnet with a code on it. For example on my old grande punto there was a sticket under the bonnet when you lifted it up (literally on the underside of the bonnet) but on my impreza now there's a little plaque just to the right of the battery under the bonnet with the code.
    If you're not sure just do a google search for your car and where its paint code location is.

Then once you have your code, halfords will make up the paint for you. As much as I can't stand halfords they usually get the paint match pretty spot on. They can make it up for you in either sprays, pens or bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Touch up paint is never going too cost much, therefore I would always get it from a dealer via the chassis number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Touch up paint is never going too cost much, therefore I would always get it from a dealer via the chassis number.

I'd agree with Stevie - I know my local VW garage just needed my reg - from memory (it's a year or two back) it was €5 for a pack with the paint and Lacquer in two small bottles with brushes built into the caps.

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ring your local dealer with the car's registration or chassis number. They will be able to get the manufacturer's colour code from that. From my experience buying the touch up paint from a main dealer has been inexpensive. I bought it for my S40 from my local Volvo dealer and it only cost €12 including the metalic lacquer.

Advertisement