Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanairs policy on carrying infant formula milk?

• 10-09-2010 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi
    I am traveling with Ryanair from Stansted to Dublin tomorrow afternoon and it just happens that my baby will need a feed about half an hour or so before the flight. I have recently stopped breastfeeding and my baby is drinking Aptamil formula. I find the pre-prepared cartons really handy when we are on the move and want to take one of these with me in my hand luggage to give to her at the gate. I don't want to risk not bringing one in the hope that the tiny Boots pharmacy will sell this when i get through security... Has anyone brought formula milk/breast milk/baby weaning food etc.. through security and had any issues? I don't want a starving screaming baby on the Ryanair flight, for my sake and the sake of all other passengers...
    Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

It wont be Ryanairs policy, it will be Stansted Airport Authority security policy, see here.
    http://www.stanstedairport.com/portal/page/Stansted%5EGeneral%5EAirport+information%5EStansted+security%5EHand+baggage/c23cb8874d9b7210VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/#liquids

baby milk is fine for obvious reasons, bring a couple of bottles, put them in resealable bags and you'll be fine. It seems the english may require you to taste it.

For the record, Ive heard Ryaniar are great with babys, hard to believe I know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hi Musro, I've never had any problems bringing any childrens milk/juice on planes. Sometimes they will ask you to drink a small bit in front of them at the security gate.

But if you are worried, just bring the formula in the bottle, i'm sure they would provide a bit of hot water on the plane or in one of the cafe's past the security checkpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Yeah we did it last year to Spain with no problems (travelled with Ryan Air) also to New York this year (travelled with AA). Just make sure you have it in your hand when you go through security and show it to the officer, they might ask you to taste it.
    Just to note aswell, when going through the scanners make sure baby is out of the pram/buggy because they have to put the buggies through the scanner. Ours was fast asleep in the buggy when we had to unstrap her and lift her out, lots of people were tutting at us for holding up the line.

Also a good tip is if your baby takes the milk warm try heat the bottle up just before you board as they werent so helpful with heating our bottle once we were on the plane.

Hope you have a nice trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MusRo

Doh! Of course i should have checked the Stansted airport site instead of the Ryanair site as they are the ones doing the security check... Nappy brain still present obviously ;-). Thanks for the very helpful replies. I guess I will just bring a carton or two for the trip and see how we get on at security. Thankfully my daughter doesn't need the milk to be warmed so i'm ok on that score.
    Thanks again
    MusRo

Advertisement