Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISA server 2004

Options
  • 10-09-2010 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey there,

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of ISA server 2004. I have tried Microsoft but it isn't available for download anymore. I have contact our IT Consultancy company and they don't have a copy.

Our proxy server in the office has failed and need to rebuild ASAP and all I need is ISA Server 2004 as I am licensed for it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You can get the media set from Microsoft direct.

I don't think you'll find anywhere in Dublin that will have a OEM copy instock.

DennyPa wrote: »
    Hey there,

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of ISA server 2004. I have tried Microsoft but it isn't available for download anymore. I have contact our IT Consultancy company and they don't have a copy.

Our proxy server in the office has failed and need to rebuild ASAP and all I need is ISA Server 2004 as I am licensed for it.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

Thanks for getting back to me, I contacted Microsoft and they told me that there is no ISA 2004 software available for download anymore as they aren't supporting it.

Is there any other software that runs like ISA that i can use from free till i get my hands on a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Get a copy of ISA 2006 and just upgrade or you could try UAG 2010.

Whats exactly has failed on your ISA 2004 Proxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

Thanks I got free 180 evalution copy of ISA server 2006 and someone is going to get me a copy of ISA Server 2004 and I will upgrade next year.

The drive failed on the proxy server and I was going to upgrade in the new year but have to rebuild now.

Thanks for getting back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

DennyPa wrote: »
    Thanks I got free 180 evalution copy of ISA server 2006 and someone is going to get me a copy of ISA Server 2004 and I will upgrade next year.

The drive failed on the proxy server and I was going to upgrade in the new year but have to rebuild now.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Saving the config and restoring it for ISA 2006 is so simple that you could run the eval indefinitely provided you could allow for the hour or so's downtime it needs to reload Windows 2003 server and the ISA server eval.

My own ISA server crashed not long ago and it took about an hour and a half to completely rebuild it from bare metal up. My network really doesn't justify it but I'd feel naked without my firewall and massive list of blocked advert URL's.

So if you have the ISA 2006 eval I'm not sure I'd bother with ISA 2004 tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

if you can get your hands on a copy of sbs2003 premium it also contains isa 2004

corkcomp wrote: »
    if you can get your hands on a copy of sbs2003 premium it also contains isa 2004

contains it but thought it was setup so you could only be installed and run on the same server as the SBS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

contains it but thought it was setup so you could only be installed and run on the same server as the SBS :(

not the case afaik .. there may be some catch but I recall installing on a test box here via the premium technologies disk which came bundled with a different sbs server.. i installed on server 2003 standard ed

corkcomp wrote: »
    not the case afaik .. there may be some catch but I recall installing on a test box here via the premium technologies disk which came bundled with a different sbs server.. i installed on server 2003 standard ed

Don't have the premium version or I'd try it (I'm getting to like Hyper V for testing), but OP has been sent a standalone copy of ISA 2004 ;)

Advertisement