Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing joke -Live - dublin - oct 13th

Options
  • 10-09-2010 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

only saw this on ticketm****r today...not listed anywhere else

tickets on sale today...

wed 13th october - €22.50 - button factory

this is the original lineup , jaz, geordie, paul ferguson & youth

should be amazing:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Oh i like the sound of this cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Youth left Killing Joke in '82 for a group called Brilliant, who were very much not but also featured Jimmy Cauty, who was to become one half of KLF who were formed with a view to capitalizing on popular musical trends of the time in order to earn a million quid to subsequently burn it, bowing out with a surprise grindcore version of their hit 3am (eternal) to close 1992's Brit Awards with Extreme Noise Terror. having just won best artist - then leaving a dead sheep at the entrance and deleting their back catalogue with immediate effect - and burning the proceeds of course.. but Bill Drummond who conceived KLF recently went on record to say music had run its course in the 20th century. echoing my thoughts precisely - the irony is the industry is more than ever a conveyer belt of the same stagnating pop cultures that were amassed in century being cranked out, but inevitably with no originality. and of course zero surprise/shock factor - KLF's mockery of the easy-bucks industry featured a lot of sampling, which was illegal then. today it is encouraged - plagiarism lawsuits are also rare today, or waived off as merely coincidental as most to all musical avenues have been covered

but Jimmy also founded The Orb with Alex Patterson. Patterson started out as a roadie with Killing Joke! post-punk legends are few n far between these days will check em out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Star Bingo wrote: »
    Youth left Killing Joke in '82 for a group called Brilliant, who were very much not but also featured Jimmy Cauty, who was to become one half of KLF who were formed with a view to capitalizing on popular musical trends of the time in order to earn a million quid to subsequently burn it, bowing out with a surprise grindcore version of their hit 3am (eternal) to close 1992's Brit Awards with Extreme Noise Terror. having just won best artist - then leaving a dead sheep at the entrance and deleting their back catalogue with immediate effect - and burning the proceeds of course.. but Bill Drummond who conceived KLF recently went on record to say music had run its course in the 20th century. echoing my thoughts precisely - the irony is the industry is more than ever a conveyer belt of the same stagnating pop cultures that were amassed in century being cranked out, but inevitably with no originality. and of course zero surprise/shock factor - KLF's mockery of the easy-bucks industry featured a lot of sampling, which was illegal then. today it is encouraged - plagiarism lawsuits are also rare today, or waived off as merely coincidental as most to all musical avenues have been covered

but Jimmy also founded The Orb with Alex Patterson. Patterson started out as a roadie with Killing Joke! post-punk legends are few n far between these days will check em out
    I went to see them in koko a few years back, they will be unreal in the button factory, as intimate as it gets. Geordie Walker is an absolute god, very hypnotic style.

Here's a new one for ya
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ompm4PQk4

End Games - from the In Excelsis Ep

and

The great Cull - from the forthcoming album
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

New album is out next Friday. Heard a few tracks from it and it sounds like classic Killing Joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

Got my ticket for this, really should be incredible. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The great Cull - from the forthcoming album
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0

Oh hell's yes!!!!!! That got me going big time. Haven't really listened to the band since ........ hmmmmm Pandemonium or Democracy maybe what 15 years ago? . Sounds like I've been missing out :eek:

New album is great!!

Asssssssttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeX40h0ca8M&p=C906E287EEA982B4&playnext=1&index=17

Anybody go?

It was unreal, some real surprises!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

was amazing...in my top 5 gigs of all time....i don't even think killing joke know how good they are....played loads off the first album and their first singles as well as a good few off nighttime and the self titled album with dave grohl.....we will never see a band quite like them again...i felt priviledged to have witnessed it.....

at last....Geordie Speaks.....tonnes of interviews finally!!!
    start anywhere you like!!

Advertisement