Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smithfield market

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

It is fairly pathetic in fairness, just about three or four stalls. Although recently there is a guy doing mexican chilli which looks tempting.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

DBCyc wrote: »
    It is fairly pathetic in fairness, just about three or four stalls. Although recently there is a guy doing mexican chilli which looks tempting.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get there.
    cheers, any fresh fruit and veg?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

I have never seen any there on a Friday. There's usually a coffee guy and a nuts guy. That's about it really - it never took off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I pass through Smithfield every morning on my way to work - I never realised that they call that a market.

It really is just a handful of stalls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

None there. The "market" on the square is awful, but head up the road to the old fruit & veg market located between the courts and capel st. There are several small fruit and veg shops around there open during the day. Very fresh and very reasonably priced! :)

Just watch out for the forklifts and trucks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Passed by it today. Two stalls was all that was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Pjays wrote: »
    Passed by it today. Two stalls was all that was there.

Disappointing and not worth the trip if that's all that's available.

Advertisement