Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video file on ipad

• 10-09-2010 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Hi
    What's the best method to transfer/convert downloaded video files (.avi) from my laptop to my ipad ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I started a thread waaaaay back a long time ago about downloading/converting Youtube videos (well, it was for the iPhone, but it is exactly the same). So do a quick search and you should find it.

Otherwise, try Handbrake for conversion. I've used it a few times and it's pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Hi
    What's the best method to transfer/convert downloaded video files (.avi) from my laptop to my ipad ?

Thanks

cinexplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Cyrus wrote: »
    cinexplayer

OPlayer HD has worked pretty well for me too, though Cinexplayer is free - no conversion needed with those for the most part. VLC for iPad is also meant to be under review at Apple for a, hopefully, release next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Oplayer plays much more files than CineX. There's a lite version for iPad that's free too. It has an ad banner but plays perfectly and you can test out if it plays all your files.

I was very disappointed in CineX as it played none of my avi files.

Vlc for iPhone is awful. Hopefully iPad apple version will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭jeromeof

AirVideo is fantastic application for Video on the iPad. Run the free server on your PC/Mac, configure it with your whole video collection and either use the AirVideoLite or for a few euros for the full version on your iPad. It means you never need to copy or convert video, just leave it all on a large USB drive. I have nearly 2TB of video easily accessible on the iPad via this program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

The Vuze client has a built in convertor. Just drag files from your library in vuze to the iTunes icon, let it know what device you will be viewing it on, and it will convert and automagically place the vid in iTunes, available for the next time you sync your device.

You can either use stuff already in the Vuze library, or you can simply drag avi's from wherever you store them into the Vuze library, and away you go.

Works well for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I would recommend you to use an automatic <snip> ipad video converter [/URL]tool to convert your avi video to ipad supported mp4 or H.264 video format. Once the video file gets converted, you can easily transfer it to your iPad via iTunes application.

[/URL]

Wow, you resurrected an 18 month old thread to promote a paid product when there are free and easy ways to do it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

What's the best way for viewing Divx files on the iPad3?
    I've heard OPlayer HD works but haven't tried it yet...

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

buzz player also lets you stream avi files from a website. but the best in a jailbroken option of XBMC

Advertisement