Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinderman-Grinderman 2

• 10-09-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

Anyone listened to the album yet? It's absolutely brilliant. I love Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Grinderman are just as brilliant. You can watch the first single here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKznZUtKntg

It's a far more sophisticated effort than the first album, some absolutely fantastic songs on it. The released single is arguably one of the worst.

Most people (younger people) dismiss Nick Cave but himself and Warren Ellis are geniuses in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There's also an alternative version of this track, Super Heathen Child, which will be on the 12" single. It features a guest guitarist, a certain Mr. Robert Fripp Esq. of King Crimson fame i.e. it's even louder and hairier:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

I got the Deluxe version on itunes. 4 more tracks including Super Heathen Child. The music video for Heathen Child and a digital booklet thing.

The Album is just fantastic. The first Grinderman album was good but this is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Flash86 wrote: »
    I got the Deluxe version on itunes. 4 more tracks including Super Heathen Child. The music video for Heathen Child and a digital booklet thing.

The Album is just fantastic. The first Grinderman album was good but this is amazing.

Couldn't agree more, it'll go under appreciated as most good music does but it's in my top 5 albums of the year. The video for Heathen Child is absolutely brilliant, completely captures the song.

Seems the 9-5 schedule is working for Nick and considering the bad seeds followed up the first Grinderman album with Dig! Lazarus! Dig!, I eagerly await their next effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Brilliant, much better than the first one and the first one was good. Palaces of Montezuma is the standout track for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brianjack

I am a Nick Cave fan, too, and love his albums with The Bad Seeds. I read a lot of negative and dismissive reviews on the Grinderman albums in several music magazines. Well, I wouldn't put them on my favourite albums list but in my opinion they are good. The music is rocking and the lyrics are fun. Don't understand the critics that regard the lyrics as stupid. Grinderman just uses a different language than on the Cave albums we're used to but that doesn't have to mean that they're bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Anyone in Dublin on June 18th? Grinderman will be hitting Vicar St. on a Saturday Night. Tickets on sale Friday from the usual suspect.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

bnt wrote: »
    Anyone in Dublin on June 18th? Grinderman will be hitting Vicar St. on a Saturday Night. Tickets on sale Friday from the usual suspect.

Yes, yes I am. Gonna get tickets tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

bnt wrote: »

I just might hit that gig meself!! F*ck yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

Got my ticket. Will be amazing to see them in as small a venue as Vicar Street.
    Saw Nick Cave do a book reading and small set there a while ago and it was amazing. God knows how I'll cope with the full.

Advertisement