Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where have all the checkpoints gone ?.

• 10-09-2010 10:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

Used to get stopped about twice monthy for the tax/insurance/NCT checkpoints.
    Not a problem, good to see them out.

Thought about it yesterday, I haven't been through one since last Christmas.
    Maybe they've moved off my commute road or maybe they've been stopped due to cutbacks.

Anybody else notice this ?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I'd say they've just been moved around - I hadn't been through more than one a year for years - then in the last couple of months I've been through one a week! (all on the same route)

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

I've a pain in my ring piece going throught the things, your post is pointless without sayin the area you live,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

They are around shannon/limerick. Been through 2 in last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

You will only ever come across them when your tax is out or something is not right :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah well you see I drove 7956 kms last month(mileage receipts) and I think I would met at least 2-3 checkpoints a week.

Mainly in Tipperary and Clare though as otherwise Im passing along Motorways where there will never be a checkpoint.

On that note. Smuggling stuff will be much easier between major cities as you can drive non stop on a Motorway without fear of a checkpoint. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

travel the R132, balbriggan to lusk rd most days. last week in every month they are all over the road.
    24th Aug came across checkpoint, 2 cars 6 cops, and 3 towtrucks, they were lifting everything not kosher.

My tax was out 24 days, cop looks at me and smiles '' suppose that's being taken care of''

Yes guard its in the post.

'' Fair enough on you go''

next day same time same place, guard traffic north chatting up a girl in a jeep, guard south taking a call on mobile while leaning on roof of squad car, wasted good cash taxing the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

There was a customs checkpoint on the R132 south of Drogheda yesterday morning.

They had considerately parked a van in the hard shoulder, pointing towards the traffic with it's headlights on highbeam / strobe. Just incase coming around a corner to road checkpoint roadsigns wasn't enough, they had decided to blind anyone southbound in the early morning twighlight :rolleyes:

Advertisement