Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online printer wasters...

• 10-09-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I was in the mood to get some stuff printed a couple of weeks back and found myself looking at some of the Photo gift ideas on a site that will remain nameless - although its fairly well known. I thought I might give them ago as I’ve never tried getting something printed on a poster, or on a notebook, or on a few other silly things.

After loading up my photographs and picking what I wanted, the site told me that the resolution of my images wasn’t high enough for some of my choices. So slightly confused I checked the sites requirements and found that my photographs more than doubled the requested size, and they were all at 300ppi.

So I sent an email…and waited…no response. After a week I sent another email…still no response…so f**k that for a game of monkeys. They aren’t getting my money! Could you really trust a printing company that couldn’t be bothered to answer two simple emails about resolution?

Sorry, pointless rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

you could try going to the photo stores and ordering instore for example fuji stores or other pharmacies will be able to print these type of products for you like mugs and jigsaws etc...they will be able to tell you straight away if there's a problem, but most of the time these websites say this to cover themselves and the products come out fine.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

It's fine to vent frustration, but there's really no point (as you said) of posting your experience unless you name the company you're complaining about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I think some sites measure image quality/detail in terms of MB rather than mega-pixels/dpi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I was venting, but I don't want to name names - just being cautious - had I spent money with them and gotten no reply, then it would be different! :D

I'm aware I that could go to a photo store, but it was just a whim and some of the stores do cost more than online companies.

And mainly I was just ranting about the lack of customer service from a company. You'd imagine that a resolution question would be the simplest to answer...

Advertisement