Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying A Printer/Scanner

Options
  • 10-09-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

I'm currently using a Brother DCP-130C and have been for past 4 years. The only and biggest complaint I have with it is, that it takes 4 cartridges, and if any one of them goes empty the printer refuses to print until i replace that single cartridge.

All I print is text and I never use color, so my question is, does anyone know of a printer that only uses black ink or both color and black, but wont shut down if the color is empty, and if possible has a scanner built in (but not absolutely necessary)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PrinterGuy

hi There,
    I have a lot of experience with different printer machines and the cost associated with running them. I sell alot of cartridges to retail.
    As it stands at the moment the brother printer range has more ink per euro than most of the printers that are available on the market today, in some cases 3 times more ink per euro.
    I would recommend that you stick with the brother, the one you have or the new DCP 195c
    You can do two things to overcome the colour printing issue.
    1. There should be a setting on the software setting to print in gray scale only
    2. You can actually fool the brother printer into thinking that the colour cartridges are full even when empty. You can google 'bypassing a brother ink cartridge' or things to that effect to see various videos or text information on how to do this.
    If you have more questions PM me or stick up a reply and I will keep an eye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

couldn't agree more, the brother do print a lot of pages before the ink runs out.

I did a search and you can use tape to cover the cartridges to fool the printer into thinking the color ink is still full, but sadly I threw away the cartridges in case they leaked being left in the printer. I tried covering the LEDs themselves but the cartridges need to be inserted.

So im still in search for another printer as I'm not gonna buy color that I dont want to use, unless i can find a software override.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement