Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will bank check CC account when applying for a loan

Options
  • 10-09-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I applied for a small top up loan of 1600 euro on an already existing loan.

In filling out the criteria via the phone, I gave all details of outgoings and current amount owed on CC which at the time was 580euro Debit.

However, my circumstances have changed due to a car emergency in the past week and the CC now reads at 1, 580 euro....

If the bank seek out my CC details, they are going to think I was pulling the wool over their eyes!

Do I inform them of the increased amount or leave alone? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Assuming it's the same bank, they would be able to check the CC account and see that the transaction came after the application was made - so I doubt that would be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 petermurp

Might be best to inform them, as they will carry out a credit check anyway and will see your new balance. Plus, the lender in question will appreciate your honesty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

they usually send out a form that you have to sign for the loan confirming all the details you gave them online / on the phone. you can just cross out the wrong balance on this and write the correct one in. this is what i've done in the past anyway.

Advertisement