Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for buying a used .223 or similar

Options
  • 10-09-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

After thinking about it i might have better luck with responses in this section,

I have decided that as xmas comes around im going to go for a .223 or something along that line, ammo price is the main influence in this, i was thinking cz 527 or remmy 700.

would you be able to give me some advice and pointers as to what to go for and look for as i understand its quite different to buying used rimfire?

Gun would have to be light, as it would be used for large vermin.
    eg: Fox

I would be going for lightly used s/h.

Any input much appreciated.
    Best,

Noods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Collioure

noodle650 wrote: »
    After thinking about it i might have better luck with responses in this section,

I have decided that as xmas comes around im going to go for a .223 or something along that line, ammo price is the main influence in this, i was thinking cz 527 or remmy 700.

would you be able to give me some advice and pointers as to what to go for and look for as i understand its quite different to buying used rimfire?

Gun would have to be light, as it would be used for large vermin.
    eg: Fox

I would be going for lightly used s/h.

I'd never buy a second hand rifle......unless i knew the gun...never know how many rounds been through it otherwise.

Advertisement