Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BROILER CHICKS

Options
  • 10-09-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi all. Looking to buy about 12 broilers but having difficulty finding them. I know its late in the year and alot people are breeding turkeys, (and wont start hatching broilers again untill february.) So is there anyone out there who can help me locate a seller in in the East Cork area?
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

i buy mine from a bowles man but im in north cork, the more you buy the cheaper it is, i got 40 two weeks ago for 20 euro, not sure what 12 will cost

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭buckshotbrolan

jap gt wrote: »
    i buy mine from a bowles man but im in north cork, the more you buy the cheaper it is, i got 40 two weeks ago for 20 euro, not sure what 12 will cost

Hello! Thanks for your reply. Any chance you could forward his number to me. I have no problem driving to North Cork, my friend is also looking for 12 as well. Cheers.

did you get sorted

did you get sorted

Nope! Been trying Springgrove hatcheries in Kanturk for the last couple of days but no luck getting through. Allways the way, when you want something ya can't get it! Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

I am looking for 6 as well in East Cork. There is a guy you comes to the side of the Midleton Park on a thursday with point of lay , chickens , ducks & the last time I met him there he had broilers as well. He wasn't there yesterday ( Thursday)
    Need a few for a clocking hen ( who has no eggs to sit on ) pm me if you get a contact

• Advertisement

bertie1 wrote: »
    I am looking for 6 as well in East Cork. There is a guy you comes to the side of the Midleton Park on a thursday with point of lay , chickens , ducks & the last time I met him there he had broilers as well. He wasn't there yesterday ( Thursday)
    Need a few for a clocking hen ( who has no eggs to sit on ) pm me if you get a contact

not sure if a hen will mind chicks if she hasnt hatched anything out he only sells day olds, it will be hard to find 6 as the contact i have moves thousands a week and id say 20 or so is the least amount he will sell, its best try and get them by end of the month though as they wont do aswell in the cold

not sure if a hen will mind chicks if she hasnt hatched anything out he only sells day olds, it will be hard to find 6 as the contact i have moves thousands a week and id say 20 or so is the least amount he will sell, its best try and get them by end of the month though as they wont do aswell in the cold

The fox cleaned me out end of June & that hen ( silkie) raised 2 chicks that were orphened that day .
    She has gone clocking again & has been like that for nearly 3weeks , so I maintain if I drop a few chicks under her over night she will come out in the morning thinking they are hers. No cock at the moment so there is actually no eggs under her but she is still sitting .

bertie1 wrote: »

I know the man your on about, think Brendan is his name. He is only doing turkeys now until feb. I went to the hatcherie in Kanturk today and got 20 for 15 bucks! Shame I could have got some for ye if i new.

Thanks buckshotbrolan

6 Chicks tucked in under hen & doing fine she came out this morning with all in tow. See photos .
    IM001877.JPG

IM001875.JPG

Advertisement