Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeways: Are they any good?

• 10-09-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard the quality of this manufacturer.

The six posts that mention these bikes on boards have been mostly bad (for instance, they're very unreliable).

So stay away, or give it a go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

rumours abound that theyr'e as reliable as a chocolate teapot

personally, I'd avoid them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Any reason why the insurance quotes I'm getting are considerably lower than other manufacturers?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

The Agogo wrote: »
    Any reason why the insurance quotes I'm getting are considerably lower than other manufacturers?

Thanks.

Yeah, Less risk of them starting and they'll more then likely be off getting fixed most the time. :D

Stick to the big four.

hobochris wrote: »
    Yeah, Less risk of them starting and they'll more then likely be off getting fixed most the time. :D

Stick to the big four.

Heh...good answer. Probably true and all!

Right changed mind to:

Yamaha YBR 125
    Honda NSR 125
    Suzuki NG125

..they all so nice.

Thanks.

possibly less likely to be stolen as is less desireable to other manu's

and as tongue in cheek as what chris says, he may well be right :)

• Advertisement

Heh...good answer. Probably true and all!

Right changed mind to:

Yamaha YBR 125
    Honda NSR 125
    Suzuki NG125

..they all so nice.
    also look at:
    Honda cbr125

A assume your stuck with an A1 licence? If not the ninja 250 might be worth a look.

hobochris wrote: »
    also look at:
    Honda cbr125

A assume your stuck with an A1 licence? If not the ninja 250 might be worth a look.

Yeah A1 licence (don't trust myself with bigger machines). 125cc's are best for Dublin street traffic anyway.

CBR125 very nice but reflected in price:eek:

yam ybr125
    honda cg125
    suzi gn125

are the main players in that segment afaik

also
    yam tw125
    yam dt125
    honda varadero 125
    yam tdr125
    suzi en125

sportier ones
    aprilia rs125
    nsr125
    cbr125
    yzf125r
    rg125
    tzr125

loads lol

Yeah A1 licence (don't trust myself with bigger machines). 125cc's are best for Dublin street traffic anyway.

Don't know about that now the rumble of a bigger machine has its advantages when it comes to traffic, Not to mention the power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

CBR125 very nice but reflected in price:eek:

Even if you only get a 125cc bike go for the A licence. The test is exactly the same and you can rent a bike for the test if needed.

• Advertisement

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Even if you only get a 125cc bike go for the A licence. The test is exactly the same and you can rent a bike for the test if needed.

Rent a bigger bike purely for the test? Then probably fail due to incompetence on the bigger machine. :pac:

I know I should really aim for the top one (everyone says it), but on-road I'd be too tempted to speed.

Believe me, I like speed, but only off-road! (my TM scrambler in the mountains - sold a few years ago - a beaut).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

You could always get a 250cc cruiser style (e.g. Marauder) - eligible for the A test, but no danger of you speeding on it. The marauder puts out a staggering 20bhp!

Speaking as an ex-Marauder owner here! :D

Marauders are the sh.t ....really love the look, feel and sound of those.

Might look into that actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Rent a bigger bike purely for the test? Then probably fail due to incompetence on the bigger machine. :pac:

I know I should really aim for the top one (everyone says it), but on-road I'd be too tempted to speed.

Believe me, I like speed, but only off-road! (my TM scrambler in the mountains - sold a few years ago - a beaut).

People do it all the time, if you rent off an instructor they would usually require you to do a pretest lesson or 2 with them.

I'm hot saying you should get a bigger bike 125cc is perfectly fine, but getting the A licence is handier if you ever plan to upgrade in the future or even have a test ride of a friends bike etc...

I don't get the whole 125 is safer cos I cant speed argument you can still get into trouble on a 125. Getting lessons and learning to ride properly is more important.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    People do it all the time, if you rent off an instructor they would usually require you to do a pretest lesson or 2 with them.

I'm hot saying you should get a bigger bike 125cc is perfectly fine, but getting the A licence is handier if you ever plan to upgrade in the future or even have a test ride of a friends bike etc...

I don't get the whole 125 is safer cos I cant speed argument you can still get into trouble on a 125. Getting lessons and learning to ride properly is more important.

True true...any speed has the potential to kill.

Tis a fair point.

Marauders are the sh.t ....really love the look, feel and sound of those.

Might look into that actually...

Don't bother with the marauder. Had one myself when I started out. Nothing but hassle with it. Got sick of bits and pieces falling off it and got a yamaha dragstar 125 instead. Vastly better bike for similar money. Superior build quality to the marauder,far more comfortable and a very nice v twin engine.

Advertisement