Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance of Biffy Clyro in Dublin

Options
  • 10-09-2010 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

They've announced a new european tour, surely a dublin date has to be on the cards, but it's not yet announced

What you guys reckon????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

Olympia in December,will be announced in the next week or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 youngfella

backstreets how can u be so sure????

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its a pity there isnt a bigger place they could play since there doing Arena's over in the UK. I no there not as big over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I thought they weren't going to bother with the dublin date seeing as the uk tour was announced like 4 months ago. That's cool if its true though. Again it's a shame that place beside the 02 couldn't be built. As it really would be a perfect venue for them.

I thought they weren't going to bother with the dublin date seeing as the uk tour was announced like 4 months ago. That's cool if its true though. Again it's a shame that place beside the 02 couldn't be built. As it really would be a perfect venue for them.

Agreed lets hope MCD get Citiwest which would be a 5,000ish venue which would be perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They are playing here for that guinness shindig in a few weeks.

calex71 wrote: »
    They are playing here for that guinness shindig in a few weeks.

Maybe they might wait till that is over to announce the gig. Kasabian did that last year

Yeah they'll have no problem selling out the olympia this year. The bands popularity has tripled 3 fold in the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Really aren't the band they used to be. Last time I saw them was my tenth time and I may use this time to decide whether they're worth seeing again or not. Setlists have been nothing but bollocks recently though

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Saw them when they'd just released Puzzle in Dolan's in Limerick afew years back and it was a crazy good gig. Last two albums have marked a bit of a decline I think though, especially the newest one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Puzzle was grand, was my elast favourite at the time but you know, the live shows were still top notch because there was a lot of older stuff still being played. These days you're lucky if you even get Jaggy Snake or 57, it just seems to be Glitter + Trauma, Justboy and a random track from the first album. No Vertigo of Bliss, just lots of Barely Revolutions songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Saw them in the Olympia last time they were over, and the small acoustic show in the o2 as well. I wouldn't hesitate to see them again, one of my absolute favourite bands - however I would agree that the setlists have been of diminishing quality recently :(
    The Olympia last year was almost all Puzzle, even the filler, while Vertigo of Bliss was completely ignored. Hopefully this time round they will have heard the pleas of fans and go for a more well rounded setlist, showcasing the best of each record (along with a few B-Sides? :o)
    Fingers crossed anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 youngfella

still nothing annouinced booo hooo :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I would go to this, how are you so sure it's going to be announced?

I would go to this, how are you so sure it's going to be announced?

I'm sure he means the Monday after arthur's day. That is IF they are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm sure he means the Monday after arthur's day. That is IF they are playing.

They are, its on their website

EDIT: They coming over mis-American tour, fair play to them.

Mushy wrote: »
    They are, its on their website

EDIT: They coming over mis-American tour, fair play to them.

Oh i know they're coming over on thursday, but if they're playing in decmeber it won't be announced until next week at least.

Oh i know they're coming over on thursday, but if they're playing in decmeber it won't be announced until next week at least.

Where they playing Thursday do ya know?

Where they playing Thursday do ya know?

St. James' Gate? I think.

Ah sure who knows. Saw them at Muse anyway, not sure would I go Olympia again due to money.

• Advertisement

Kasabian waited till after Arthurs Day last year to announce their O2 gig so maybe Biffy are doing the same. I no there playing James Gate but the big acts then do a quick acoustic gig in pubs around dublin so since im working in Whelans im hoping they pop into me :)

Any update on this yet?

I would say at this stage it's a nay.

I would say at this stage it's a nay.
    Yea sadly, although i might be seeing them on NYE's this year over in Scotland :)

Yea sadly, although i might be seeing them on NYE's this year over in Scotland :)

I won't lie I am damn tempted.

I won't lie I am damn tempted.

Yea well my sister is working over in Scotland atm and a few of her friends are going so trying to rally up a few people from here to also head up.

The enclosure area for the gig is sold out but there are street party tickets still available

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

I WANT TO SEE BIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

we must call them and tell them to come over at once and play a gig in my garden!!! everyone can come!!!!!!!!!:D

I WANT TO SEE BIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

we must call them and tell them to come over at once and play a gig in my garden!!! everyone can come!!!!!!!!!:D

You have a tiny garden. =P

Very disappointed that they're not coming back this year. =(

You have a tiny garden. =P

Very disappointed that they're not coming back this year. =(

Well, they were at Oxegen during the summer. And they played twice in Dublin in September. And once in Belfast in August.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know, I'm not saying I expect them back again. It just would have been nice, considering I've missed all of their gigs so far.. =(

Advertisement