Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poltergeist??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

nice, put unless I experience it first hand, ill never be convinced!
    elaborate hoax methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

doesnt really make a lot of sense when you think of it. for a start, there seems to be an awful lot happening in a short space of time and secondly it handily happens when he isnt in the house (apparently) and therefore you would assume theres no-one there to fake it all. plus too much stuff falling sideways ... makes me think of fishwire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

yeah I know what your saying with fishwire but it look pretty good IMO.Chech out the book on the floor.I reckon a lot of this would be hard to pull off

all you need do is capture the video in decent quality, capture the 'activity' (man made) in a seperate high quality video and use video software to edit the two together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Id love someone to catch him out! looks good though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

maccored wrote: »
    makes me think of fishwire.
    ah yes..good old fish wire:) my brother scared the life out of me as kid on more than one occasion with it..Evil stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

He screwed himself with those second two clips. Judging by the quality and the small size of the room the videos were not recorded at a zoom, thus if no one was in the house and he had set up two cameras each would be in the others view by the way those views are set up; yet they are not. As such, the camera was obviously moved meaning someone is there operating it.

As others have said also, it's a clear pull-on-the-line hoax, and a bad one at that. Poltergiests don't even have the habit for knocking things over anyway, but more for throwing things, stealing things, breaking things, or banging things.

It's just Paranormal Activity all over again ('OMG, my keys fell on the floor, the house must be haunted').

Thanks for sharing all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

For all we know, the videos could be geniune but the hell would believe it anyway? The footage looks amazing and you can study it all you want but imagine being the guy who uploaded the videos and he KNOWS he did not create any of that? He has real history on tape, groundbreaking even, but again, no one in a million years is going to believe that.

Which you could say is right in a way because of the software and ways of faking stuff but its also kind of sad because it could be fantastic footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I agree with the above post.

What would it take to make cynics believe in ghosts?

Even if they saw a ghost with their own eyes they would try to think up a rational explanation to explain the event.

I love how people who offer an explanation for something are branded sceptics immediately by some without knowing anything about the person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

GodlessM wrote: »
    I love how people who offer an explanation for something are branded sceptics immediately by some without knowing anything about the person.

I don't think you do love that.

Those videos aren't doing a lot for me. Too easy to fake if you have the time and inclination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Sorry Godless my bad, but your post did seem a little sceptical.

I kind of jumped to the defence of the video because I have withnessed things in the past that couldn't be explained.

No need to apologise mate, it's no biggie. I'm not a sceptic or a believer; I accept that the supernatural has the potential of reality. My post is actually based on being a filmmaker and like I said, such a simple thing as the camera placement can tell you that somebody was present when this was filmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I spoke to a film maker a while ago about these. He was sure they were fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I asked Billy Roberts (MEDIUM) about the footage and he said its not consistent enough to be poltergeist activity because he has seen it for himself. But who knows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

.:eek:

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I asked Billy Roberts (MEDIUM) about the footage and he said its not consistent enough to be poltergeist activity because he has seen it for himself. But who knows.

I doubt if a medium would anyway considering whats in that video is pretty consistant (too consistant for my liking)

Advertisement