Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email settings

Options
  • 10-09-2010 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have SMTP settings for outlook/thunderbird etc. that work for sending emails within college?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

OK the instructions here http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Information_Technology_Division/Student_Computing/Student_Email/Mobile_Phone_Access work but they're a little hard to follow I've attached my settings.

You may need to change the pod51002.outlook.com to pod51000.outlook.com etc. depending on your personal case. Also the XXXXXXXX is your student number. Or what ever you login in is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nowimtalkin

I'm trying to set it up on my ipod and am so far quite confused....

Under the IMAP settings, for the incoming mail server and also outgoing mail server, i need a host name?

I have so far tried outlook.com, webmail.ul.ie, studentmail.ul.ie....
    any suggestions??

IMAP didn't work for me straight away so i used pop3. I'll have a look later nad try and figure it out using imap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

The site I followed to get mine set up is here

Just some obvious replacement of user name to your ID and their college email with our college email.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AlwaysRight

I can't send emails. No matter how much I fiddle with the settings. I can receive them no bother though. Is anyones sending emails. If so, what settings are you using??

• Advertisement

i am using the settings i posted above, tested just there within campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nowimtalkin

I can't send emails. No matter how much I fiddle with the settings. I can receive them no bother though. Is anyones sending emails. If so, what settings are you using??

I used the exact instructions as linked above in post #5, works perfect for me

Advertisement