Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killybegs Nightlife..?

Options
  • 10-09-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Is there any? :o
    Can anyone reccomend a good pub, things to do & see etc..

I will be attending the tourism college this year and I just wanted to know a bit about the place.

I lived in Letterkenny for about 2 years (was in the I.T) but I never really ventured out of the place well apart from Derry & Tyrone (for ASDA!:P)

Any info would be great:)
    40040D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

There's a few places where the students seem to go. I think Fawltys is one of the main ones. tehre's another small place near the pier (think its called The Harbour). There's only one night club which used to be called Hueys back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

fontanalis wrote: »
    There's only one night club which used to be called Hueys back in the day.

Like how long we talking ? lol

is there any entertainments, video rental, cinema anything like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Fawltys is the main student bar loads of sports screens nd jukebox and a pool table. Also there is hughies bar which is a mad see spot where anything goes for the crack and yes the harbour also has pool table and music. Fleet In has all of the above also. One nightclub called the cope It's cool wee club. Oh and you'll be called a "ronny" by the locals now it's just an affectionate name the students were called over the years. Nearest cinema in Bundoran. Video rental in sweet news shop yes. The astro turf at the college is being done up at the moment but St Catherines and the vocational school both have two big state of the art astros for rent at a few euro pp for an hour. You'll get on grand

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RavidDippon

Hi. Sorry to drag this thread back to the top again but I have a few questions. Im arranging a stag do at the end of august for about 15 people. Having a night out in Killybegs on the sat night. Would Hughies or Fawltys be the best spot for us in town? Or are there any other suggestions?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Hi. Sorry to drag this thread back to the top again but I have a few questions. Im arranging a stag do at the end of august for about 15 people. Having a night out in Killybegs on the sat night. Would Hughies or Fawltys be the best spot for us in town? Or are there any other suggestions?

Cheers

I live not too far from Killybegs now. Fawltys to be honest is a bit of a kip. We normally head to Hughies and its a good spot. I've only started going out in Killybegs over the last couple of months and its the only one I would go to now.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. What sorta size is the place? There's about 15 of us heading down. Does anywhere do decent indian/spicy food before we heading to Hughies?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

I reckon Donegal Town would be more of a stag destination, with the Abbey Bar the final destination to finish you off proper.

We're keeping it a little more low key than Donegal town. Any other recommendations in Killybegs?

Advertisement