Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

Gazzumped wrote: »
    As a previous 'knowledgable' poster said on this very thread, those who did the job before were a 'shoo-in'. I don't have a huge problem with that - makes sense to appoint those who know what to do and have succeeded in the past.

Speaking personally, I researched every last piece of census information available, ticked every experience/education box (and more besides) and the interview went as well as any I've ever done. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

It still doesn't excuse the very poorly organised and managed end to the recruitment process ...

well I do agree that the recruitment was not organised properly, and that people should have been told differently,

the letters are out for those who are recruited to sign and send back so maybe not all will take the jobs some might have secured other employment etc.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS GOOD WORK NEWS IN 2011 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Applications for Enumerators are now being accepted online at http://www.census.ie, from today (4th) until the 11th, unless the quota of applications is reached before that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Applications for Enumerators are now being accepted online at http://www.census.ie, from today (4th) until the 11th, unless the quota of applications is reached before that date.

applied this morning, could really do with the cash! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I applied for the field supervisor's job, so now it's impossible to apply for the Enumerators job because my PPS number is in their database.

141945.jpg

So I have to ring them now, impossible to get through, and this enumerator position has a quota of applications they will accept.

So I can't register and I can't login because i can't register. Why don't they test things before unleashing them on the public.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

Yep,I'm the same I emailed them at 10.30 this morning to see if anyone could help me but no reply and cant get through on phone.What a system!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Gazzumped

Not an ideal solution by any means, but if I were applying for an enumerator post with this problem I'd try re-registering and adding/subtracting/reversing one number from my PPS. Just until you can get through to someone and have it corrected.
    I wouldn't risk losing out on a place if they should close the application process when enough are recorded. Just my opinion and what I'd do ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

I applied. Has anyone done this before, and if so, what is the next step?

Are there interviews? Do they require copies of documents like your driver's license? Also, if you get the position, does your supervisor call to your place of residence for periodic visits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Morg4

I had the same problem, couldn't get through to Dublin, so rang the complaints number in Cork. They were able to put me straight through to the Dublin office who gave me my userid and password. What a shambles of a system!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Are there interviews? Do they require copies of documents like your driver's license? Also, if you get the position, does your supervisor call to your place of residence for periodic visits?

Yea there will be interviews, if called for interview you will need to have your drivers license (only needed for rural work) and passport and a completed Garda vetting form. All will be explained to you in the letter calling you for interview.

Whether your supervisor calls to your place of residence or not is probably down to the supervisor, but there shouldn't really be a need for him/her to be visiting you at home.

Appears to have been some more shambolic happenings with the application process today, some people were getting another error message as well as those listed above, they haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in the communications aspect of the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Did you read the site at all?

www.census.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭raglan

Had to ring Dublin number to get my used id and password. Then when I got to end of application and submitted it came up error message and went I went back all my info had been deleted so had to start over. Then when I submitted second time, I just got put back to home page so I don't know if I successfully completed it or not as I thought that there would be a "Thank you for submitting" message or I would get an email to tell me it was submitted. Was this the same for other people when they applied?

kilburn wrote: »
    Did you read the site at all?

www.census.ie

Yes, I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

raglan wrote: »
    Had to ring Dublin number to get my used id and password. Then when I got to end of application and submitted it came up error message and went I went back all my info had been deleted so had to start over. Then when I submitted second time, I just got put back to home page so I don't know if I successfully completed it or not as I thought that there would be a "Thank you for submitting" message or I would get an email to tell me it was submitted. Was this the same for other people when they applied?

This was the error message I was talking about above. While you got the error message, it's almost certain that your application has been received. Just for peace of mind you should email CensusRecruitment@cso.ie and ask them to confirm that they have received your application.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Are there interviews? p12
    https://censusops.cso.ie/census2011recruit/Docs/Census%20Enumerator%20Information%20Booklet.pdf

Does supervisor call?
    http://www.census.ie/Is-this-job-for-me.3.1.aspx

Next step if you pass initial selection you will be called for interview all the information is on
    www.census.ie
    www.cso.ie

kilburn wrote: »
    Are there interviews? p12
    https://censusops.cso.ie/census2011recruit/Docs/Census%20Enumerator%20Information%20Booklet.pdf

Does supervisor call?
    http://www.census.ie/Is-this-job-for-me.3.1.aspx

Next step if you pass initial selection you will be called for interview all the information is on
    www.census.ie
    www.cso.ie

Well it asks if you are comfortable having a supervisor call to your home. I was wondering if they actually do and like a previous poster said, it depends on the supervisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Autobot17

Yes, they will have to call to your home at least once. They will have to check if you have a suitable, secure storage area for all the Census forms and documentation in your home for the duration of the job.

Additional visits after that - I'm not sure. I wouldn't let house visits put you off applying though. I'd imagine the Supervisors might make one or two house calls, but most correspondence would be by phone/email.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Reactor

How much do they pay and how long for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

Looks like they will meet the quota long before the 11th, probably by the end of today!
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/huge-demand-for-5000-census-jobs-2483965.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

wench wrote: »
    Looks like they will meet the quota long before the 11th, probably by the end of today!
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/huge-demand-for-5000-census-jobs-2483965.html

Yeah i heard the CSO lady on today fm and she said it will be closed this evening. I applied there but i'm not holding much hope. The huge amount of people applying is mad. Just Like those Argos jobs the media were on about before xmas, 20 positions in my hometown of Longford and OVER 1000 people applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

baldbear wrote: »
    Yeah i heard the CSO lady on today fm and she said it will be closed this evening. I applied there but i'm not holding much hope. The huge amount of people applying is mad. Just Like those Argos jobs the media were on about before xmas, 20 positions in my hometown of Longford and OVER 1000 people applied.

This is different. The application is being capped at 15000 which seems a lot, but there are 5000 jobs. So you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it. So pretty good odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

anyone on job benefit or any state benefit and know how it would work out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Joe Gt wrote: »
    anyone on job benefit or any state benefit and know how it would work out ?

I was wondering this too. Guess people will be put on casual for a few weeks with deductions for each day worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

applications are now closed according to the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TonythePony

Half way through application process server connection goes down. Return to homepage 'applications are now closed'. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all.

Anyone know when they start recruiting for the election and which website I should attempt to use :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Half way through application process server connection goes down. Return to homepage 'applications are now closed'. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all.

Anyone know when they start recruiting for the election and which website I should attempt to use :mad:

Unlucky mate. That sucks :(

do you mean jobs at the forth coming General Election?

Those positions are filled, presiding officers and polling clerks are already in place from election to election, the only way a place becomes available is if someone is sick or retires, you should send a letter to your local Returning Officer saying you would be interested in such a position if they become available.that way your name is in.

good luck with it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Toyota1968

well after giving up hope - I got a call today and was offered a Firld supervisores position here in the midlands -

dont give up hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭luvs2spooge

Anyone know when they will bw offering the enumerator jobs?

The tension is killing me...thats how stuck i am for any glimmer of work :D

Toyota1968 wrote: »
    well after giving up hope - I got a call today and was offered a Firld supervisores position here in the midlands -

dont give up hope !

;) well done toyota 1968, there will be some positions that will come up as some either dont take the jobs or get other full time employment.

are you starting your training next monday. i am in mullingar where are you doing yours.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when they will bw offering the enumerator jobs?

The tension is killing me...thats how stuck i am for any glimmer of work :D

positions will have to be interviewed for as field supervisors are only starting next monday I guess it will be a few weeks before interviews will start taking place.

keep the spirits up,:cool:,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement