Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Gazzumped wrote: »
    As a previous 'knowledgable' poster said on this very thread, those who did the job before were a 'shoo-in'. I don't have a huge problem with that - makes sense to appoint those who know what to do and have succeeded in the past.

Speaking personally, I researched every last piece of census information available, ticked every experience/education box (and more besides) and the interview went as well as any I've ever done. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

It still doesn't excuse the very poorly organised and managed end to the recruitment process ...[/QUOTE]

???

Dymo wrote: »
    I applied for the field supervisor's job, so now it's impossible to apply for the Enumerators job because my PPS number is in their database.

141945.jpg

So I have to ring them now, impossible to get through, and this enumerator position has a quota of applications they will accept.

So I can't register and I can't login because i can't register. Why don't they test things before unleashing them on the public.:mad:

.....you're already registered... you must be if your PPS is in use... you've obviously lost your password...

did you try email?

Morg4 wrote: »
    I had the same problem, couldn't get through to Dublin, so rang the complaints number in Cork. They were able to put me straight through to the Dublin office who gave me my userid and password. What a shambles of a system!

yeah...terrible that you were put through...having rung the complaints dept.. to complain..
    you're correct.. a shambles:rolleyes:

Gazzumped wrote: »
    Seems to me that most (if not all) people who got the FS jobs were previously employed as same.

A bit of a farce really for the rest of us - we could have saved ourselves the bother and the lingering false hope :mad:

It must have been obvious as early as the application stage - and definitely by the interviews - that they had enough people to cover all of the areas. If some extras were necessary for insurance, then a letter saying that should have been issued and not the one that kept everybody on stand-by in the run up to Christmas.

I imagine there are even yet some people still waiting in hope ... :(

Very poorly done!

seems to me that you've no proof either way... seems to me you're suffering from sour grapes.

insurance?

how was it obvious?.... you don't expect much do you?

the application was capped...same as the door knockers...that got 15k applications in 2 days:eek:.... early bird an all that...
    also weren't interviews competency based?....so its actually your own fault for not getting a job.
    (i'm in the same boat btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

thebullkf wrote: »
    .....you're already registered... you must be if your PPS is in use... you've obviously lost your password...

did you try email?

Are you just trolling here for the fun of it, it was a fault in the system set up, they logged all the PPS numbers of the field supervisors applications in the database, they have rung me today and said they will be in contact with a new URL I have to use to apply for a position as a numerator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Chill out folks please :)

Dymo wrote: »
    Are you just trolling here for the fun of it, it was a fault in the system set up, they logged all the PPS numbers of the field supervisors applications in the database, they have rung me today and said they will be in contact with a new URL I have to use to apply for a position as a numerator.

it wasn't a fault in the system, all FS are already registered...hence the reason your pps wass in use... if you'd logged in with the details given to you @ FS stage you wouldn't need to ber awaiting an email....

simple really

funny how Dymo hasn't responded to my rebuke despite being on boards today...... and the neck calling mea troll :rolleyes:.

methinks i speak the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Leave it alone please.

eoin wrote: »
    Leave it alone please.

fair enough,i felt it was imperative to respond given the initial accusation of trolling ;)

cheers eoin:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Bugsie2011

Just a heads up, keep on eye on the census website as they will be opening up the recruitment process again as there is a short fall in some areas of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭luvs2spooge

Bugsie2011 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, keep on eye on the census website as they will be opening up the recruitment process again as there is a short fall in some areas of the country.

...Please say there is a shortfall in Wexford...enniscorthy preferably!?!?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

for the FS roles or the enumerators...
    prob won't affect dublin :rolleyes:

alexsmum wrote: »
    for the FS roles or the enumerators...
    prob won't affect dublin :rolleyes:

It will be for the enumerators. The website will open tomorrow morning for only 2 days and they will only be recruiting in certain areas of the country. from what i heard there'll be a map on the site showing the areas where people are needed.
    I know that they are short in certain areas of Clare, Kerry and Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 19 emamcl

Hi

I applied for a census enumerator job but haven't heard anything since but maybe I'm just being impatient. Just wondering does anyone know the process...will they let you know yes/no either way or is there a contact no for them?

Cheers
    Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭cackhanded

Just got a letter from the CSO this morning confirming interview for next monday, fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

cackhanded wrote: »
    Just got a letter from the CSO this morning confirming interview for next monday, fingers crossed!!

Congrats and the very best of luck!

Is this for an enumerator position?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

emamcl wrote: »
    Hi

I applied for a census enumerator job but haven't heard anything since but maybe I'm just being impatient. Just wondering does anyone know the process...will they let you know yes/no either way or is there a contact no for them?

Cheers
    Emma

Emma, if your application was accepted & you are free for the duration of the census, you should be called for an interview at some stage from the 24th Jan to the 4th Feb - I understand everyone who applied will be callled. Best of luck.

I am being very impatient with this and really hope to get some contact very soon...either way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭cackhanded

Congrats and the very best of luck!

Is this for an enumerator position?

Thanks Anny. Yes it's for an enumerator position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppyfields

got my letter today for interview for Enumerator Job, delighted as finishing work end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭robo

I did it 5 years ago and for the interview you have to have examples of working with the public & how you deal with tricky people. Also, examples of how well organised you are and how you will be persistent but nice with those that are not forthcoming with either answering the door or giving you the form.
    Also, you should show that you are not the type of person that would give up easily - it can be a tough job to stick at. They would want to hire those that don't give up easily, people who stick with things and will do their best to get the job done correctly.
    You will be dealing with the public so use the interview to show that you have a nice personality and not shy. You will have to answer a lot of questions on the form and deal with unfavourable comments so push that part of your personality.

Best of luck to you all who get interviews.
    If there is anything else that I can help with on this, just ask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Hi Robo, i got an interview date and attached is a garda vetting form. Now..

Do i fill this out myself and submit it during the interview, or do i have to go down to the station and get it completed before hand?

Ta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭robo

Smcgie wrote: »
    Hi Robo, i got an interview date and attached is a garda vetting form. Now..

Do i fill this out myself and submit it during the interview, or do i have to go down to the station and get it completed before hand?

Ta :)

Just fill it in and bring to interview.
    I made the same mistake & thought I had to get the Gardaí to sign - I was sitting outside the station and reread the form & realised that I just had to sign it & hand it in at the interview.

Also, at my interview, the people who interviewed me were the Census supervisors who were hired before Christmas. My supervisor and another in the same area also interviewed me, I was interviewed once by 2 people.
    So make sure that you address them well and be friendly and honest, as these are the direct reports that you will have.

Phewww got the letter today calling me to interview!

Now to get sorted for the interview!

Thanks to all that are giving advice and tips on the interview.

EDIT: And one more question, think it was asked earlier in the thread but might not have been answered! What is the story with getting the job, would you have to go off welfare benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got the letter today for an interview next Tuesday.
    Doesn't sound too bad, any idea what the dress code should be for the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Autobot17

Don't forget to bring your passport (or other form of ID, passport is preferable) with you to the interview.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Got the letter today for an interview next Tuesday.
    Doesn't sound too bad, any idea what the dress code should be for the interview?
    I'd say it's a dust off the suit and polish the shoes job.

You'll have to look reasonably ok as your photo will be taken at the end of the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Got a letter - interview Thursday week. Yeay! I just realised it'll be my first job interview in eleven years :eek: I've been lucky in getting jobs through promotions & contacts since then, until it all went belly up last year that is. Well, here's hoping. And here's hoping they give priority to the unemployed rather than the usual bunch of retirees and ladies who lunch who seem to go for these types of positions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 solarpowered

is it true that everyone who applied for the job of census enemurator got called for an interview?

also what kind of questions do they ask and what skills should you have etc please help i have an interview next week and am in real limbo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement