Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bugsie2011

is it true that everyone who applied for the job of census enemurator got called for an interview?

also what kind of questions do they ask and what skills should you have etc please help i have an interview next week and am in real limbo!

you may be asked about some of the following:
    past experiences/employment and if any of them would benefit you in the position of an enumerator. Have examples. Have you dealt with the public?
    Ability to read maps, secure storage, If your in a rural area do you have the use of a car.

If i hear anything else, i'll post it as soon as i can.

If anyone has any questions, i'll do what I can to help.

Best of Luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Bugsie, you've been a great help already. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sash

hi did anyone out there not receive a letter today? im in the northwest area!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

sash wrote: »
    hi did anyone out there not receive a letter today? im in the northwest area!

I didn't either. :(

Dublin here.

sickened!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I'd say we'll get one tomorrow.

hopefully :):) fingers crossed eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Got mine today. Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jims Doll

Got my interview letter yesterday, im in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Fingers X that mine is at home waiting for me, I am in Kildare, would be such a help to get this! Best of luck to everyone in their interviews!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

Got mine yesterday, I am in Kildare so all here will probably get thiers over the next few days. Best of luck everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Phewww got the letter today calling me to interview!

Now to get sorted for the interview!

Thanks to all that are giving advice and tips on the interview.

EDIT: And one more question, think it was asked earlier in the thread but might not have been answered! What is the story with getting the job, would you have to go off welfare benefits?

You may want to double check with you own social welfare office, but my understanding is that you can work for 3 days a week (regardless of for how long) with out it affecting you benefits (BUT do check). I also understand that Sundays don't count - so, you could do the job but you would have to make sure you did Sat & Sun.....plus 2 other eveninings during the week in order to get the work done. That should be more than enough time.

To do the job you will need:
    - to be good dealing with the public (patience is a virtue)
    - be highly organised
    - be good at following protacol (sp?)
    - be good with admin (there is a fair bit, esp at the end)

The job is tough but fine if you get off to a good start - do NOT expect to be able to chuck the forms into letterboxes on the last week. You must call several times to a household if you can't get someone. A key tip to anyone who gets the job is to get out as quickly as possible for delivery and collection - say you have 400 households, you should be aiming to get about 75% delivered week one & two, the bulk of the rest on week 3 so you just have the stragglers to deal with on week 4. Same for collections.

If you work full time, you can still do the job, but do bear in mind the taxes. The pay is backended, so you get paid a small amount each week, with the majority of the pay at the end, based on how many forms are delivered and collected. So it is important that you finish what you start or you will lose out on cash.

Good luck you everyone who has an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭síofra

Not sure how useful it will be for others, but I picked up a thing or two from this video which might be useful background info for the enumerator interview..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyhPSA4FyIo&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

Is there anyone who HASN'T got a letter yet, i havn't! I'm in Longford.:(

im in leitrim and still no sign of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Dublin. No sign. Can they really be interviewing everyone who applied? 15,000 candidates? Seems ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Gallimh girl

Galway no letter yet either :(

Dublin. No sign. Can they really be interviewing everyone who applied? 15,000 candidates? Seems ludicrous.

Not really when you think about it - 440 field supervisors each need 10-12 enumerators.....just shy of 5000 in total. So once you go for the interview, you'll have a 1 in 3 shot of getting the job. FS have 2 weeks of interviews & that should be enough time to cover everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Got letter today - Wicklow :)

Can't find any info on Job seekers benefit and doing this job...?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

got letter today too for Meath, interview on the 28th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Autobot17

From what I know, candidates being interviewed on the first week are given priority as far as interview letters are concerned. So if you have an interview on the second week of interviews, you mightn't get notification until the end of this week or early next week. This allows everyone to receive a similar amount of notice.

Everyone that applied gets an interview, so don't stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭luvs2spooge

So basically everyone that applied for an enumerator position will get interviewed??

I had heard that only 2/3(two third) of applicants were to be interviewed? Ias my source mistaken??

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

Got my interview letter today for next Wed - Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Autobot17

So basically everyone that applied for an enumerator position will get interviewed??

I had heard that only 2/3(two third) of applicants were to be interviewed? Ias my source mistaken??

Yes they are mistaken. Everyone gets an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

Received a letter confirming interview for Monday next. Latter clearly states that the time of the interview is set and cannot be moved. Thing is I will be travelling back from London Monday morning. I reckon I will be about an 1 hour late for the interview. Other half says I should just turn up and explain or should I let them know in advance and see what is said or should I just forget about it and not turn up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

Dinging wrote: »
    Received a letter confirming interview for Monday next. Latter clearly states that the time of the interview is set and cannot be moved. Thing is I will be travelling back from London Monday morning. I reckon I will be about an 1 hour late for the interview. Other half says I should just turn up and explain or should I let them know in advance and see what is said or should I just forget about it and not turn up at all.
    No you should most definitely go to the interview - maybe bring in proof that you are late due to a flight. I imagine that they will slot you in. I turned up a half an hour early for mine 5 years ago and they interviewed me then, rather than leave me sit there for a half an hour. So just turn up & explain that you were not allowed inform them of your travel arrangements and you would still like the opportunity to interview for the job. Best of luck with it.

Got my letter (In Kildare) yesterday - Interview is early Wed 2nd. I am working part-time (ish!) at the moment and of course I am working that Wed monring so duno what I am going to do. I called them and they said there is abs nothing they can do. I completely understand that they have a huge amount of organise for the interview process, just thought I could be put on a cancelation list of something, or try to swop with someone, but they guy said it was out of the question.

Really want to go to this interview and give it my best shot, just dont want to risk my part-time job in the process! Duno whether to just go late and hope that they will interview me or what?!

Dinging wrote: »

When I called them yesterday they said there was absolutely no facility to change anyones interview time in any way - I asked could I even take a cancelation but they said that any cancelations that have come in have already been filled.

I think if you are only going to be an hour late you should def turn up, I am sure some people wont show up on the day anyhow, and they will be a slot to fit you in. Also some peoples interviews may be shorter than others so there will be some time to fit around other interviews

Guy's, go to the interview centre as soon as possible (FROM NEXT WEEK - nobody there this week) & talk to the field supervisors, they may be able to reschedule you.

Dining - is there anyone who could go there for you on Monday to explain?

I know the last time we reschulded some, but it was generally done locally, so it's at the discretion of the people interviewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Personally speaking, I wouldn't just turn up late and hope for the best. There are loads of people applying - they will be using any criteria they can to weed people out and in a job like this where scheduling and tight deadlines are of such importance, I'd imagine being punctual to the interview and not messing up their time plan is imperative. Call the field supervisor, explain you are working/flying in/whatever and see if they can accommodate you. Don't just hope for the best, there are plenty of people who are unemployed/in the country already who will be on time and who will make a better impression just by turning up on time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement