Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 motheroflads

Feel nervous now, guess we will all know by the end of the day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭markfdrums

It will be interesting to find the split of people with Jobs getting an offer v people without.

I have a job and havent heard from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hotmama

just got a phone call, got it wahoo! (currently unemployed btw)

do you mind if i ask what area you live in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Just got a phone call from the supervisor to say I have the position .. Am delighted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭raglan

Just got call too, currently unemployed. I was asked about P45, but I claimed JSB and this was given to social welfare office. So I haven't anything.....I've a P60 from 2009 I think as I worked a few days then, would this do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Are people who are getting the positions going to sign off for 3 days a week or will supervisors allow that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CaseyBabes

Got it, just got the call! Am absolutely delighted - best of luck to all the boardsies still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Just got offered the job too - subject to Garda vetting.... I'm unemployed too and unsure what to do about Social Welfare. I am currently waiting on means assessment as my stamps have run out (waiting nearly 4 months for assessment!!) Might be best to sign off and sign on again?

Just wondering do you know if they contacted your references

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Congrats to everyone who got it. I haven't heard anything yet but they took longer to tell me about the interview than many people here so I'm not too worried.

Did they talk to any of you about the training days? I've managed to get a short term job since my interview so I now wouldn't be able to take a couple of days off work. I'm hoping it may be a weekend affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Gallimh girl

waiting....willing the phone to ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bren_D

In the same boat as you Gaillimh Girl. Waiting and hoping with all my fingers crossed. Congrats to all you guys who have been successful

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shanebrk

I'm literally just off the phone to the field supervisor. She never said i got the job per say, but she's coming out to my house tonight to have a gawk at my secure storage and a chat. I'm unemployed and not claiming benefits btw

@The Sparrow: nothing about the training days, just that she had to meet with everyone before the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Got a missed call of the Supervisor this moring, Rang him back there and he said he would ring me back in a hour.Im in Wexford.

Just wondering how this will affect people signing on?? Can any one explain it to me please, as currently unemployed and signing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

This thread was a great help for the interview, but now i wish i hadn't found it....it's killing me reading everyone getting a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭markfdrums

Im in work havent checked my fone. Might do it now.

This thread was a great help for the interview, but now i wish i hadn't found it....it's killing me reading everyone getting a call.

I totally agree, I'm now thinking about my interview and reading into it all. Would rather know if I did or did not get it, the waiting is hard:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

got the call this morning, set to start the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

argh I hate waiting!
    So much competition in this area though, I won't be holding my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Can people clarify if every area is contacting prospective enumerators today or is this going to be a dragged out affair? Also, there seems to be a certain level of positive discrimination for unemployed people, will the fact that I work in a supermarket hold me back (I said I only work weekends around 20 hours per week... a bit of a lie :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Denerick wrote: »
    Can people clarify if every area is contacting prospective enumerators today or is this going to be a dragged out affair? Also, there seems to be a certain level of positive discrimination for unemployed people, will the fact that I work in a supermarket hold me back (I said I only work weekends around 20 hours per week... a bit of a lie :))
    I'm guessing that not everyone will be contacted today, I was told I'd hear back 'sometime after the 18th', not on the 18th.

I don't know if you can call it positive discrimination for the unemployed either - the Census is a massive operation and it has to be carried out within the specified timeframe. If they think your hours will limit how much time you can commit to the Census, then you'll be at a disadvantage. If you convinced them you'll give priority to the Census above your other job, you'll be fine. Clearly unemployed people don't have other work commitments and so will be flexible in when they can work and what days they can attend training. That's not positive discrimination, it just makes the unemployed more suitable (timewise) for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

I got a call a little while ago and have been offered a position subject to gardai vetting. Training starting the 8th of march. I am delighted to say the least.
    Many thanks to all who gave so much helpful info on this tread, it really helped and also gave me a clearer idea to what I was applying for and if it would really suit me. Well done everyone who has got a position and to everyone waiting fingers crossed ye hear soon. Btw I am unemployed but not on any benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ck2

Just got a call with an offer of the job subject to garda vetting. before he told me i got it he asked if i was still interested, and still available to do the training 2 days 8th and 9th march , i said yes of course and he said well id like to offer you the job subject to garda vetting, he is coming out next wk to check the secure storage. i am currently unemployed and not claiming any welfare so i am thrilled. best of luck to you all waiting for news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Got the phonecall and was offered the job. :)

Now I just have to figure out if I can get out of work. Apparently, for anyone wondering, the training days are the afternoon of the 8th and 9th of March.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and made the interview process a little easier. Good luck to those who have yet to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DoloresR

Just wondering if anyone who has been offered the position was in full time employment when interviewed?

Congrats to all who got position... Please Please let my phone ring :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hotmama

do you mind if i ask what area you live in
    I am in kerry, my supervisor asked me had i got the letter telling me that i was on the panel which i haven't she then told me i had the job, she is calling to my house monday for me to sign contract n presumeably to check my secure area. Re social welfare payments i asked at sw office the last time i signed n tney told me if i worked lets say 3 days then i can still sign for the other 2, in other words tell them u r doing ur 20-25 hrs in 3 straight days n u can still claim, don't sign off. Of course this may not b tne case ie you may do 5hrs a day for 5 days but how do they know that?! u also have to get a letter from cso telling sw how much u'll b getting paid, they'll tell u all in training on 8 march i'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Haven't got a call as of yet (trying to stay positive). Im in Longford area. Best of luck to all who got it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The Guy just came out to my hosue.Gave me about 10 minutes notice.Luckly i got the spare room sorted in time.He just glanced over it and said it was grand.

Signed 3 different forms, one about bank details. one about car insurance and details and the other regarding pensions.

Went through my area with me and said where id be working.Ive got between 380-400 houses to do.

Asked me about training, would i rather a morning slot on the 8th or a afternoon slot.Was a lovely chap and i was the 5th person he had visited in wexford today.

Happy Days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 richie92

any cork offers yet???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement