Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 motheroflads

I would like to know any county limerick ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

As far as I know, every region should have their lists by now. But it doesn't mean all the calls are happening today. If you don't hear anything by Monday don't give up hope yet as some people are turning down the job so you could still get the phone call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Just got the phonecall there :D.

Oh and I didn't wear a suit for the interview so there :P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Anyone hear from Co. Monaghan yet? Or even anywhere north of Westmeath???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Got a call about 30 minutes ago, well chuffed!

• Advertisement

Well done all of you, still waiting here in Limerick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

markfdrums wrote: »
    Im in work havent checked my fone. Might do it now.

Nice if you get it.....two jobs! Lucky you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

Just got the phonecall just there, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭markfdrums

I havent heard anything (im in south dublin) like i say, i work and dont technically need the job (told them im not doing it for the cash, more so i can put it on my cv)

I have a logistics background (10 years) and qualified in this field and since the census is a massive logistical project, i thought i was a shoo-in..

Obviously not!!!! but feel like some time was wasted as they are clearly going the dole route (gvmt trying to save money??????)

bit fishy if ask me... dont get me wrong im all for people on the dole getting work, just dont waste my time with a false job advert.

I also took a day off work for the interview and provisionally booked the training days..well done peeps who got it. ..nice for a friday

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Haven't got a call as of yet (trying to stay positive). Im in Longford area. Best of luck to all who got it! :D

Me too, no call here yet either. Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Shamrock128

Just got a call offering me the job (Dublin 12).

I turned it down as I started a new full time job the week after the interview :) (involves shift work, so it wouldn't work out).

Best of luck to all who haven't heard yet - I hope you get a call soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

dam. I guess I did not get it . After all that study and preperation

I thought I aced the interview.:(

Well done to those who did. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

I havent heard anything (im in south dublin) like i say, i work and dont technically need the job (told them im not doing it for the cash, more so i can put it on my cv)

I have a logistics background (10 years) and qualified in this field and since the census is a massive logistical project, i thought i was a shoo-in..

Obviously not!!!! but feel like some time was wasted as they are clearly going the dole route (gvmt trying to save money??????)

bit fishy if ask me... dont get me wrong im all for people on the dole getting work, just dont waste my time with a false job advert.

I also took a day off work for the interview and provisionally booked the training days..well done peeps who got it. ..nice for a friday
    I am not on the dole and I got it so I'd say you have a chance of hearing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Some people in Meath got called today.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I'm in Louth and got a phone at about 4.30 offering me the job. I'm delighted. I've been on the dole for about a year.

Well done. i live in Limerick but think today was the day to hear and have heard nothing. Delighted for all you who got it, will make sure i have my form ready and filled in when my enumerator comes knocking!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Not true, there was a mixture of employed, unemployed and retired people in our area who got offered the job. Everyone going in had an equal chance.
    gsxr1 wrote: »
    dam. I guess I did not get it . After all that study and preperation

I thought I aced the interview.:(

Well done to those who did. ;)

Don't count yourself out yet. Like I said it was late today when some areas got the go ahead, and even then some calls haven't been made yet. You could still be one of the people getting the job, you just haven't recieved the call yet. Plus some folk are turning down the job so there is even more hope on the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Any people in Kildare hear yet - willing phone to ring all day but it hasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

kildaremum wrote: »

I hate staring at a phone all day willing it to ring. I hope you get it... Best of luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DoloresR

kildaremum wrote: »

i got call this afternoon. Guy calling tomorrow morning and i am from Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Trophywife

Got a call today offering me the job. Of course i said yes. Working full time already but could do with the extra cash. Plus I'm looking to move jobs and think it's good experience to have on my CV. My supervisor told me today that the training is two days, does anyone know is it two full days of half days??? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

raglan wrote: »
    Just got call too, currently unemployed. I was asked about P45, but I claimed JSB and this was given to social welfare office. So I haven't anything.....I've a P60 from 2009 I think as I worked a few days then, would this do?

Get a tax credit certificate from Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Got the call this morning!

I was an EA back in '06 and very happy to get the job again this time round. :cool:

Trophywife wrote: »
    Got a call today offering me the job. Of course i said yes. Working full time already but could do with the extra cash. Plus I'm looking to move jobs and think it's good experience to have on my CV. My supervisor told me today that the training is two days, does anyone know is it two full days of half days??? Thanks

I asked and was told it is two half days. Takes place on the afternoon of March 8th and 9th afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wallplugsocket

Hey folks, so do you reckon all who got the job got the call today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 richie92

anyone know about cork kinda worried now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

From what I have heard today and Monday are the days when everybody will be called, but it will prob continue for the next seven days as their will be people who may not wish to take up the offer or pull out.

I finally got the call this evening at about half six from the field supervisor after giving up all hope that I would get it. Oh and I DID wear a suit to the interview :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Trophywife

I asked and was told it is two half days. Takes place on the afternoon of March 8th and 9th afaik.

Thats even better so...you'd think they'd have squeezed it into the one day for the people who are working full time. Just have to take two half days off work then!

Cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 up tipp 2010

Trophywife, wouldnt you think that they would have given the job to someone who wasnt working instead of someone like you , who is working,and has the audacity to suggest and moan about the fact they didnt have the training days put into one day in consideration of people like you who are in full time emoloyment; unlike so many of the posters on here who have been waiting for the phone to ring, in the hope that they may have got the job.
    People like you really piss me off.

• Advertisement

Trophywife, wouldnt you think that they would have given the job to someone who wasnt working instead of someone like you , who is working,and has the audacity to suggest and moan about the fact they didnt have the training days put into one day in consideration of people like you who are in full time emoloyment; unlike so many of the posters on here who have been waiting for the phone to ring, in the hope that they may have got the job.
    People like you really piss me off.

Ah I think you are reading too much into her post. Look we all have different priorities and I read her post as a gentle question rather than a moan. And to be honest, even if I was unemployed (which I was when I did the interview) I would still prefer the training to be on one full day and two half days because it just seems to make more sense.

And as for the unemployed v employed debate, there are loads of jobs and looking at this thread it seems that so far the majority of us were succesful. So lets just be happy about that. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement