Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 up tipp 2010

I disagree with your assertion that the majority of the contributors to this forum topic have been successful and in relation to Trophywifes post, well i suppose everyone to their own and i got a totally different impression from Trophywifes post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I disagree with your assertion that the majority of the contributors to this forum topic have been successful.

What are you basing that on? I don't recall anyone saying they didn't get it yet even though some are waiting to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 up tipp 2010

I am basing it on the fact that most of the people who contributed to this topic before yesterday have not come back on to say that they got the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Thats more than harse.

TW got the job on their performance and qualifications .

Its her fault others did not get it

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

markfdrums wrote: »
    I havent heard anything (im in south dublin) like i say, i work and dont technically need the job (told them im not doing it for the cash, more so i can put it on my cv)

I have a logistics background (10 years) and qualified in this field and since the census is a massive logistical project, i thought i was a shoo-in..

Obviously not!!!! but feel like some time was wasted as they are clearly going the dole route (gvmt trying to save money??????)

bit fishy if ask me... dont get me wrong im all for people on the dole getting work, just dont waste my time with a false job advert.

I also took a day off work for the interview and provisionally booked the training days..well done peeps who got it. ..nice for a friday

I'm south Dublin too and I've heard nothing either if its any help.. hopefully Monday? :confused: My mother's in Mayo and she heard today about 1 o clock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭BrendanRyan

I guess I'll be waiting till Monday to find out!In Tipp, I'll hope for the best.

there are loads of jobs

Ah excuse me?? I must be looking in the wrong places.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

Got the call yesterday. Meet supervisor on Monday. Happy days, could really do with the few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I'm on the Northside of Dublin and have heard nothing. Unlikely at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Just got letter in the post a couple of minutes ago (postmarked yesterday, thought we only ever have SATURDAY post coming up to Christmas) and not sure what to make of it. It reads

Dear

I refer to your recent interview in conjunction with the above competition.

The Central Statistics Office interviewed a significant number of applicants countrywide for the 5,000 Enumerator positions, You have been placed on a panel for your area from which successful candidates will be offered an appointment shortly. If you do not receive an offer within that period, you will remain on the panel for consideration should future vacancies arise in your area in the course of the 2011 Census of Population. We will contact you again if this situation arises.

You will appreciate that, given the scale of the numbers interviewed, the Central Statistics Office is unable to enter into further correspondence with candidates not offered appointments initially.

Blah de blah..

Any ideas if this is a polite pfo? What do ye reckon is the 'within that period' timeframe? Agh, just wish they would make it all a bit clearer. I'm guessing I'm not in the initial pool of enumerators, but that if someone turns it down, then I stand a chance of getting it? Maybe someone on here could clarify if that is indeed the case. I'm in south Louth btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭síofra

From what I hear, quite a few people in Wexford have been contacted now, with supervisors even calling out to their houses today. The way I look at it is I did my best and something will come along eventually as long as I keep trying:) Congratulations to everyone who got the job and best of luck with it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bren_D

got a letter this morning (Saturday) saying that I was on a panel for the job and should get a call shortly. If no call letter said that I would remain on panel in case something cropped up during census. Letter before phone call - I don't think that is a good sign. I'm in Dublin 15 - anybody from that area get a call yet?

Weird, I got the same saturday letter! saying on was on a panel, shortlisted... Yackity. I wonder if that's a polite way of saying, ya didn't get it!!

I'm in Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wairky

Got the same letter in post this morning anybody know what this means, it is worded very vagelly

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

Letter came in post this morning. Same as above ... on panel etc. I am in Tipp by the way Brendan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Huntington

wairky wrote: »
    Got the same letter in post this morning anybody know what this means, it is worded very vagelly

Don't know for sure but at my interview they did say they would be compiling a reserves list in case people pull out. I'd imagine you are on that. You will probably be asked to do the training and be paid for those days but may or may not get work after that.

It is worded a bit vaguely, surely if we didn't get it, they'd just say that, I'm taking it as a positive, that I'm still in with a shot... Won't hold me breath either.

I was told this morning an outgoing minister, not up for re election, got his son a nice job in civil service before he retires!!! i know its not on this subject..

If you dont get a phone call by end of next week, id say you would not be getting one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Just got the letter now – placed on a panel from which candidates will be selected. Not too hopeful.

Has anyone got a letter with a rejection or offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Could some of the posters who have received the good news confirm if they had received the same letters as the ones that cal_chi and others got?

I got the same letter but it is very vague as to what it is saying. When you think about it it is very unprofessional.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

I got a phone call today and was formally offered the job. Training on the 8th and 9th of mach.
    The Supervisor rang and said that he has 9 enumerators on his team in total. I did not yet receive the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Got the same letter myself today. I worked in the civil service before and before I got the job I received one of these letters saying I was on the panal. It seems that's the way they do things. Would be interesting to see did people get refusal letters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Basically we're the reserve list. I got on the panel as well. I'd imagine the majority of the applicants are also on the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 motheroflads

Just a quick question, how do you all get post on a Saturday??? I never do

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Just a quick question, how do you all get post on a Saturday??? I never do

I saw the postman today too... very unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I got a phone call yesterday and was offered the job. Received the letter about the panel today as well which got me wondering what was going on. The supervisor had to come over to the house today to get me to fill out some forms and show me the area which I be covering. He mentioned that he had 11 people for my area and was going around to them today. My guess is that the panel is back up if anyone isn't in their house or had second thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LuckyMe63

An Post delivering today due to extra mail for election

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement