Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 erikaboxer

i got my letter this mornin too, very strange to get post on a saturday, also got polling cards..
    if most people got the same letter then we must all be in the same boat except people who got phone calls confirmin the job.. i was told at my interview for greystones that 6 people were goin for every position compared with about 3 elsewhere in the country which means i have less chance of gettin it, but the letter does say that youre on the panel and if you are successful you will be contacted shortly and if not then you may still be called later on if say someone drops out presumably, so overall its not a complete negative, its a maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Gallimh girl

I just got a letter stating I had been placed on a panel, better than nothing I suppose :rolleyes: Bit vague on the wording "If you do not receive an offer within that period, " what period?! Post on Saturday due to extra election literature :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

richie92 wrote: »
    anyone know about cork kinda worried now!

I got a phone call at about 16.30 yesterday to tell me I've got one of the positions in East Cork (Carrigtwohill). I'd say I'll only end up with similar money to my jobseekers benefit but at least it's money earned instead of claiming benefits for a few weeks anyway...delighted to get it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Did anyone's references get contacted out of interest? I wouldn't mind giving them another heads up if its the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

i agree with u midej and congrats. will u have same attitude half way through calling at doors. i attended interview - did very bad one and told them because i am unemployed, i had no access to any car. i still received this letter. was expecting a direct refusal one.

so anyone having this letter, i would not hold your breadth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Got the panel letter today.. Is everyone getting this letter who didn't already get the job or are there only certain people?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

sam27 wrote: »

so anyone having this letter, i would not hold your breadth.

Pretty much what I thought.

Etnies wrote: »
    Got the panel letter today.. Is everyone getting this letter who didn't already get the job or are there only certain people?

I got the job and didn't get a letter so....draw your conclusions from that I suppose :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

my mam got a letter today saying she didn't get the job. so there are refusal letters going around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Ah excuse me?? I must be looking in the wrong places.

Obviously I was talking about jobs for census. There are 5000 of them. ;)

I'm sorry to hear that some posters seem have only made it to the panel. Though I'd say the circumstances of some of the people who got offered it will have changed since the interviews so there will be plenty of dropouts and hopefully you all get called up soon. :)

• Advertisement

Obviously I was talking about jobs for census. There are 5000 of them. ;)

Though I'd say the circumstances of some of the people who got offered it will have changed since the interviews so there will be plenty of dropouts and hopefully you all get called up soon. :)

Dont think there will be too many in this recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

So having received nothing . No phone call or letter ,

When do we get the Dear John

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Got the call yesterday, in Limerick, no letter. Don't think I would have got thru the interview if it wasn't for this thread.

FS coming on Monday with forms to sign, pending Garda vetting.

Was told the area I would be covering, a bit further from home than I thought it would be, the exercise will do me good, could lose a few pounds...:)

Thanx for all the info guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The poorly worded 'panel' letter is going out to everybody as I understand it (very surprised that somebody is saying they got a rejection letter), most successful candidates will have been contacted by their supervisors at this stage (in most cases before the panel letter arrived), if you do not hear by Monday evening your only chance is probably somebody pulling out.

Well done to those who got them, and best of luck to those still waiting, tough times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 up tipp 2010

Cute Hoor, your post summed up the situation very well and told it as it is, well done, unlike the posts by The Sparrow who posts platitudes and certainly does not call it as it is.

Cute Hoor, your post summed up the situation very well and told it as it is, well done, unlike the posts by The Sparrow who posts platitudes and certainly does not call it as it is.

:confused:

I'm not trying to call anything. I have no idea what is going on, I'm just wishing posters good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ck2

Hi all

as i said before i got a call with an offer on friday, during the call the FS asked did i receive "the letter" i said no cos at that stage i hadnt. basically each FS has now selected a panel (not everyone is on the panel - what would be the point of that????) , they are now going thru that panel and offering jobs to the candidates at the top of their panel list. if those candidates turn down the offer (which some have due to change in circumstances) they will go thru the panel until they have filled the positions for their area. the letter arrived on saturday - i can see why some people are anxious but i think if you have received a letter you have a good chance. best of luck to all.

:confused:

I'm not trying to call anything. I have no idea what is going on, I'm just wishing posters good luck.

If you don't know anything then don't offer platitudes. Its a simple request.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

I got the letter today and got offered the job on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

got phone call yesterday offering me the job and panel letter today i signed all my forms earlier today
    does anyone know will JSB/JSA be cut and if so by how many days etc

• Advertisement

I would like to see the % of people who are unemployed that were offered a position.

sam27 wrote: »
    I would like to see the % of people who are unemployed that were offered a position.

I'd say the reason they may have choosen more unemployed people is because they could devote more hours to it than a person who is currently working fulltime? Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Did anyone's references get contacted out of interest? I wouldn't mind giving them another heads up if its the case.

My references were not contacted.

SUNGOD wrote: »
    got phone call yesterday offering me the job and panel letter today i signed all my forms earlier today
    does anyone know will JSB/JSA be cut and if so by how many days etc

The contract says we have to work 22 hrs per week. Mainly evening and weekend work. We have to keep a record of hours worked which is to be submitted to the CSO.

I'm working 2 days a week part time in my current job, and claiming for the other 3 days, so I think I can do 3 hrs work on the evenings of the days I am already working, so thats 6 hrs and leaves me 16 hrs to split over 2 days. So my yellow dole slip will have 4 days worked and 3 days not worked. So I guess I will get 1 days JSB from the dole?

Anyone else in the same situation re the yellow dole slips??

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hotmama

Weird, I got the same saturday letter! saying on was on a panel, shortlisted... Yackity. I wonder if that's a polite way of saying, ya didn't get it!!
    no! I was offered the job yesterday and got that letter today, so they may not have got time to ring u yet

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

wish I hadnt heard about so many phone calls. I'll be staring at the phone all day Monday.... well done everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frecklesjack

I'm in Mid-Louth and I got the call offering me a job yesterday evening. So delighted. Not working but not on any benefits either :)

wish I hadnt heard about so many phone calls. I'll be staring at the phone all day Monday.... well done everyone

I would not worry about it. Its only a temp job that pays peanuts, and along with the dole and next means test you are probably better with out it. If in that situation.

Hey I am feeling a bit miffed myself but life goes on. I am going to dwell on the phone, but for answers to full time work also applied for.

dont sweat it.

Denerick wrote: »
    If you don't know anything then don't offer platitudes. Its a simple request.

'A platitude is a trite, meaningless, biased, or prosaic statement, often presented as if it were significant and original.'

How the **** is wishing people good luck a platitude? Maybe you should look up a dictionary before you make anymore simple requests.

This thread has gone to the dogs in the last couple of days. It used to be supportive of anyone looking for one of these jobs but now if you have the temerity to admit you are employed your post is attacked and apparently wishing people well is a 'platitude'.

'A platitude is a trite, meaningless, biased, or prosaic statement, often presented as if it were significant and original.'

How the **** is wishing people good luck a platitude? Maybe you should look up a dictionary before you make anymore simple requests.

This thread has gone to the dogs in the last couple of days. It used to be supportive of anyone looking for one of these jobs but now if you have the temerity to admit you are employed your post is attacked and apparently wishing people well is a 'platitude'.

I think the taste of the sour grapes is upsetting some folk LOL>>>>

• Advertisement

To be honest its irritating when people who got the job fill us with false hope RE something they know nothing about.

Also, am really regretting saying that I mostly work weekends at the interview. Everything was great apart from that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement