Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Denerick wrote: »
    To be honest its irritating when people who got the job fill us with false hope RE something they know nothing about.

And I did that where?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭itsgrand

any news on north dublin if anyone got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wairky

I got the letter saying i am on panel but have not got a phone call yet . hopefully tomorrow.Btw the letter states "successful canditates will be offered an appointment shortly.If you do not receive an offer within that period" period=shorlty wonderfully worded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

One positive thing is that successful candidates will be selected from the panel. Everybody who gets the job should receive one of these letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

anyone know when we get paid!?

i know i havnt started yet but im just doin out a mini budget here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I got offered the job on Friday afternoon; I was in Austria at the tail-end of a week snowboarding so didn't want to answer to an unfamiliar number on the phone, but after the phone had rang three times in an hour and I realised I couldn't access my voicemail while overseas, I answered to hear the good news that I was offered a position. Arrived home late last night and my supervisor wasted no time getting out to me this afternoon with the papers I needed to fill out and sign. Looking forward to getting stuck into the job from March 8th!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

ionapaul congrats!! U must not be too badly off if out in Austria this time of the year.

Successful applicants will be paid a basic €100 per week. Its towards the end of your contract that u get paid the remainder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Trophywife

Any body know if we get a mileage allowance along with the basic pay???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

You will get paid mileage if you are working in a rural area, no mileage for urban area as transport not needed

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I would not worry about it. Its only a temp job that pays peanuts, and along with the dole and next means test you are probably better with out it. If in that situation.

Hey I am feeling a bit miffed myself but life goes on. I am going to dwell on the phone, but for answers to full time work also applied for.

dont sweat it.

Not on benefits. Stay at home mum of two. Was just looking forward to having paid reason to leave house a few times a week. Sanity saver or the like :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    You will get paid mileage if you are working in a rural area, no mileage for urban area as transport not needed
    We do get a travel allowance when based in urban areas though (at least I am); obviously designed to cover the cost of taking public transport or petrol for your car when moving around during the weeks working in the position.

Does anybody know whether the secure room for storing the census needs to have a key to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Am I the only one to get rejected? A bit disappointing as I thought interview went well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 up tipp 2010

Jigga, you can get details on your interview if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭itsgrand

Jigga, you can get details on your interview if you want.

How could he? If you dont mind me asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gra111

Hi, anyone know if it's possible that two people from same household would get offered a job?

Wilmer, the secure room should be only accessed by you, so the room should have a key if that is the only way of making it secure. I would at least try and have a key in the door if the Supervisor requests to see the room, he/she may just enquire when they call to you.
    I wouldnt say that the room is unsecure if you want to keep the job.

Itsgrand, under the freedom of information act, one is entitled to get information held by state bodies/depts held by them about you. Results of your interview are therefore available to you under FOI, as far as i am led to believe.

Wilmer, the secure room should be only accessed by you, so the room should have a key if that is the only way of making it secure. I would at least try and have a key in the door if the Supervisor requests to see the room, he/she may just enquire when they call to you.
    I wouldnt say that the room is unsecure if you want to keep the job.

Cheers thanks for the help.

gra111, its possible but highly unlikely uless its in an area where there may have been a shortage of applicants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Jigga, I'm stay at home mum of 4 not on benefits and would have really appreciated being paid to leave the house for a few weeks also. Having said that I just got letter to say on panel but no phone call so its unlikely that I'll get it. I thought interview went well too. Can anyone say what interviewers were looking for or give an idea why some people ticked more boxes than others - this is just for my curiosity - I'm feeling a bit rejected !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I was offered a position and had to turn it down because I'd already accepted a part-time position covering the census period. The field supervisor was very pleasant but said I'd have to sign a form officially turning down the work. He rang back to say my verbal refusal on the phone was sufficient. I guess they're checking those on the dole/casual payments aren't flouting the terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Huntington

Just got the Panel letter. I'm not too hopeful of my chances. I think the letter is pretty meaningless and seems to be going out to almost everyone, phone calls are where it's at and if I don't get one of them today I reckon I'm a gonner.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Sorry Jigga it was gingernut79 who posted about being stay at home and not you

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

kildaremum wrote: »
    Jigga, I'm stay at home mum of 4 not on benefits and would have really appreciated being paid to leave the house for a few weeks also. Having said that I just got letter to say on panel but no phone call so its unlikely that I'll get it. I thought interview went well too. Can anyone say what interviewers were looking for or give an idea why some people ticked more boxes than others - this is just for my curiosity - I'm feeling a bit rejected !

Letter here today too. Phone very quiet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gar965

I got a phone call on Friday eve and told I had a job, providing I was available to attend 2 training days on 8th and 9th of March. The supervisor is dropping into me today to sign the contract and go through a few things with me. I didnt receive any letter to say I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cianob1

Hi All

I too got letter saying Im on the panel.

If anyone applied and got the job in the Newbridge, Co Kildare area, would they please post here to put me out of my misery!!!

Am fed up waiting on mobile to ring since last Fri morning!

Thanks in Advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Letter here today too. Phone very quiet :(

Sorry Gingernut.
    I got a letter too today and i'm in the North Longford area. I'm a bit disappointed. I thought things went well in the interview.

I'd say there was a serious amount of applications in Longford area seeing as theres a lack of job opportunities around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

i know two others and myself who applied for the job. we all got the letters!! thought one of us would have got the job. we all have good qualifications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Has anybody got a phone call today? I'm really gutted that I haven't had one. With my husband out of work and me doing only a few hours a week we could really really do with the money. I thought I did a great interview and had relevant experience. I havn't even had a letter yet. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement