Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Also got the panel letter and also gutted as have had no phone call:(

Trying to be happy for the rest of you but finding it difficult! Maybe I need to work on my empathy skills for the next time I go for a job interview ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cianob1

Hi All

Could it be possible that only some areas made calls on Friday? Maybe we r all paincking needlessly!!!!

I too thought interview went really well.

Would it be possinle for people who got calls to list area they r in and then those of us waiting would have a better idea if we r in with a shot????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GLasgow Exile

I also got a letter. Has anyone received a letter telling them thanks but no thanks ? I reckon they have already contacted those that are succesful and the rest will only be contacted if the others turn it down. It's not really fair if that's the case as the letter does appear to give you some hope. Ah well back to the gardening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Huntington

Yes, would be interested to hear what areas the calls have been in. I know people who got the job in Limerick city and Wickow town anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CaseyBabes

I got the call Fri, I'm in North Dublin and FS said all Enumerators (11 I think?) in her area had been notified.
    Hope info helps some of you who are waiting - nothing worse than willing a phone to ring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I'm in South Dublin and got the call on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I know we are still ringing people today due to people turning down the job, so you might still be in luck!

TBH though if you don't hear anything by this evening then you probably aren't going to hear anything:(

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

id imagine most posts are now filled. We can only hope that we are placed high up in panel lists and someone drops out. I cant wait to see the sort of people that have been employed in my area. If i see one retired person, I will extremely angered to say the least!!!!

I before anyone comes back and says anything. I beleive jobs like this should be handed out to unemployed people like myself and not to retired people on pensions!

I can see both sides of the argument about giving the jobs to those retired and those who are seeking jobs. It's a tough call, but in my mind it shouldn't matter, it should go to the person that's best for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

baldbear wrote: »
    Sorry Gingernut.
    I got a letter too today and i'm in the North Longford area. I'm a bit disappointed. I thought things went well in the interview.

I'd say there was a serious amount of applications in Longford area seeing as theres a lack of job opportunities around here.

You wouldnt think it from the interviews. I was offered any amount of alternative days / times for my interview. I arrived early and was interviewed early, ie there was no-one in before me, and when I came out I had to go back to the car as I had forgotten my driving licence. 5 minutes later still nobody there after me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Absolutely gutted. My area north Longford, got the panel letter, but alas no phone call.

Boo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

You wouldnt think it from the interviews. I was offered any amount of alternative days / times for my interview. I arrived early and was interviewed early, ie there was no-one in before me, and when I came out I had to go back to the car as I had forgotten my driving licence. 5 minutes later still nobody there after me!

Snap. I forgot my licence too and dropped it back with no one waiting to do the interview. They also offered me an alternative time to do the interview, i guessed somone dropped out and i'd have a better chance.
    Maybe there will be phonecalls before the day is out, but i doubt it.....

A woman near me got the job, they rang her this morning. Shes in Castlepollard though with a full time job but fair play to her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

A little bit more information. In South Dublin, phonecall, no letter, was told eleven of twelve positions have been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I'm up in Swords and i got the call on Friday. My girlfriend, my neighbor, a friend and both her parents also went for an interview, but i'm the only one to receive a call.

I know my girlfriend got the panel letter but not sure about the rest. I haven't even gotten a letter yet though my supervisor is calling to the house this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sarah-bear

I'm in West Dublin and just got a phone call this morning, received a letter on Friday. FS is coming over this evening to ask more questions, heres hoping!

S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I gave up hope on friday when I didn't get the call, I think the letters for the most part were just a formality to fill the few jobs that got refused.

My neighbour who interviewed the same day as me got her call on Friday morning too so I kinda knew already.

Totally disagree with bostoncrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Hi cianob1 - I'm in Kildare - Curragh area, closer to Newbridge, but did interview in Silken Thomas, Kildare Town. Didn't get any call just panel letter. There was someone on here on Friday from Kildare who got call, but I'm not sure what area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

met the FS today, all systems go!

anyone get there areas yet?

great that the 22hours is flexible!!!!

sam27 wrote: »
    Totally disagree with bostoncrap.

You disagree that the person best suited for the job should get the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Cianob1

Thanks for posting Kildaremam!

I did my interview on the Curragh camp! Thats gas it was probably closer to ur home!

Anyhow hope is fadding away here big time!!!!

My hours were cut to 2 days yr b4 last so we said if I got it we would do a family holiday out of it! Lucky I didnt tell the kids! Am gutted thou!

Anyhow a lot worse things out there!

Many congrats and thanks again!

Got a letter this morning and call at 2.30 today. They are calling tomorrow. West Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

Anybody in sligo town area hear anything yet??

I received panel letter saturday morning and phone is very quiet today :-(
    All this waiting around is killing me just want to know either way its very frustrating

You disagree that the person best suited for the job should get the job?

Their are plenty of well qualified unemployed people who have applied for this job and would be competent enough to carry out the job at hand. As i said previously, I know of two other people who have applied and received the "Panel" letter.

These people, including myself, have excellent work record and academic qualifications. Therefore, in my opinion, a retired person, on a pension, should not be chosen over unemployed people like myself.

Anybody in sligo town area hear anything yet??

I received panel letter saturday morning and phone is very quiet today :-(
    All this waiting around is killing me just want to know either way its very frustrating

D'ont hold your breath bob. you would want to be very lucky to receive a call now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

D'ont hold your breath bob. you would want to be very lucky to receive a call now.

I stopped holding my breath on Friday!!!
    Just would prefer yes or no as this panel craic was a ridicolous idea... Fair enough its great to be on stand-by and all but its just dissappointing

I do agree with you on your stance of unemployed people being given the job over people who are already claiming a pension... Share the money around and get Ireland working again

Their are plenty of well qualified unemployed people who have applied for this job and would be competent enough to carry out the job at hand. As i said previously, I know of two other people who have applied and received the "Panel" letter.

These people, including myself, have excellent work record and academic qualifications. Therefore, in my opinion, a retired person, on a pension, should not be chosen over unemployed people like myself.

But these people might not have been in your area. The 11 names ahead of you might have all been in the same boat; unemployed and on benefits with a great background.

But when it comes down to it, the top 11 names per area are decided by how well they performed in interview, their employment status doesn't come into it. I have been in the same boat for temp jobs and seen people who are retired get them before some like myself who was unemployed but had the skills needed. But it's about picking the best people at the end of the day, not picking the best of those on the live reg then filling the remaning spots with others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

well i guess thats that then.

I would love to know why I was turned down though.

Its really gutting when one used to build massive million euro houses and now cant even get a job delivering forms .

Australia beckons.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    well i guess thats that then.

Why do you say that? I was only called at 2.30 this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭luvs2spooge

So let me get this straight, EVERYONE that went for an interview gets a letter saying they are on a "panel"??
    And then must await a phone call to say if they got it?

Got my letter today in enniscorthy.....no phone call as of yet :(

Not sure how I could have been any more qualified and able to do this type of work....sigh!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement