Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aero1974

I was wondering if anyone heard anything in south kildare ie castldermot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

So let me get this straight, EVERYONE that went for an interview gets a letter saying they are on a "panel"??
    And then must await a phone call to say if they got it?

Got my letter today in enniscorthy.....no phone call as of yet :(

Not sure how I could have been any more qualified and able to do this type of work....sigh!!

Someone said earlier in the thread that there mum got a rejection letter, I also know a person who got a rejection letter. People who got a job will be far more likely to come on a forum then people who got a rejection letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭indiana jones

There are defo rejection letters being sent out too. my sister in galway city got one saturday. "sorry to inform you that you have been unsuccessful etc." no mention of panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Just to say I got a rejection letter on Saturday.I'm in the Dundalk area and I work full time Monday to Friday in case anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

I stopped holding my breath on Friday!!!
    Just would prefer yes or no as this panel craic was a ridicolous idea... Fair enough its great to be on stand-by and all but its just dissappointing

I do agree with you on your stance of unemployed people being given the job over people who are already claiming a pension... Share the money around and get Ireland working again

You get Ireland working again by employing the unemployed!!

• Advertisement

Tiddlers wrote: »
    Just to say I got a rejection letter on Saturday.I'm in the Dundalk area and I work full time Monday to Friday in case anyone's interested.

So it was a complete rejection letter. Not a Panel letter?

What did your letter actually say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

A little bit more information. In South Dublin, phonecall, no letter, was told eleven of twelve positions have been confirmed.
    My story is spookily similar - we could be on the same team! Though the area the team I'm on is more Milltown centred than Ranelagh. When the supervisor called to me yesterday I think almost everyone had been visited and signed their forms.

I reckon it is still likely that there will be drop-outs; I unexpectedly had a follow-on call from a prospective employer today and I'm sure others who are job-hunting will be offered full-time positions over the next two weeks, which might lead to them dropping out of the Census team.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

sam27 wrote: »
    You get Ireland working again by employing the unemployed!!

My sentiments exactly!!

Sorry - Just spotted Indiana s post

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

A clear cut,straight forward 'thanks for your interest but no' rejection letter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rashas

Can anybody whose supervisor has already visited tell me how big the boxes are, please??

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Got the letter myself today no call, the way it looks is anyone that did the interview is on the bloody panel. Nuts to that.:(:(..................maybe two or three rejection letters thrown in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Got my letter today, am in the Kildare area. No phone call though. I know my interview was one of the later ones, it was in the last week. Fingers x I get a call! Did anyone in the Kildare area get a call out of interest? I did my interview in Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Not everyone who did interview got a pannel letter,there were plenty of rejections.Like I said some people are still turning down offers so if you got the pannel letter there is still hope for ya yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭markfdrums

rashas wrote: »
    Can anybody whose supervisor has already visited tell me how big the boxes are, please??

U serious???????

And you got the job??

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

markfdrums wrote: »
    U serious???????

And you got the job??

Jesus wept.

What am I missing? Why is that a ridiculous question? :confused:

boxes were on-show at all interview centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

markfdrums wrote: »
    boxes were on-show at all interview centres.

Never seen a box at all!!!

remember the boxes the leaving cert papers came to your school in??

Thats them.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭itsgrand

They weren't at my interview centre either

• Advertisement

im p!ssed off that i gave the cso (Irish Gvmt) my picture and my details to keep on file.

Knowing those eejits the laptop used will be stolen in a few weeks.

uk_398535_1_enl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hotmama

my supervisor was out to me this morn to sign forms, from what i can tell each super had only 11-12 phone calls to make of enum's in their area so would imagine most calls made at this stage. She was v helpful, fyi asked bout what happened to job skrs allow if ur on it, she advised me- off the record to tell them ur doing ur 22 hrs sunday n two other days as apparently sunday doesnt count as a workkng day for the social welfare n then i can still claim for 3 and half days (am claiming off my stamps), did not know this n found it v interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cianob1

Hi Mimojo

I did my interview too in Newbridge, on the Curragh camp.

I too got a letter this morning but no call.

I thought my interview went great but obviously not! haha!!!

By the sounds of things on here its all but over!

Shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

lol Mark sour grapes I see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rashas

thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Thanks for the info! ya by the sounds of things we may have missed the boat! I thought my interview went really well too, obv not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

There were no boxes at my interview either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Huntington

A friend of mine got a call at 7.30 this evening so they are still ringing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 oisim

Got panel letter today. Did anyone in Athlone
    Westmeath area get a phone? I got letter no call!:-(
    Should I give up hope by this stage?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement