Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭eimearnid

Anybody heard back in South Tipperary. Had letter last Friday saying on the panel, no phone call as yet. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 oisim

My sister and I both did interview we are in Athlone. My sister got a phone call Saturday and the job! I got no phone call! At least of us got it anyway! Still holding out hope as we are 5 miles apart, but think o should just give up by now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bren_D

Got the nice call on Monday, Supervisor called yesterday to sign contract. Gave me my area for delivering, couple of apartment blocks included - don't know whether they are going to be easier or more difficult- access could be a problem and people mightn't bother coming out to me when I buzz them. Delighted to have got post after being out of work for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CJ1

Anyone heard in the lucan area? I got the panel letter last week but nothing since,

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭markfdrums

Imagine getting one of those estates in limerick or ballyer flats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bren_D

markfdrums wrote: »
    Imagine getting one of those estates in limerick or ballyer flats.

Heh Mark you are getting more bitter by the minute. Funny though - like your sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

I feel the same as you. V Peeed off. Gave it my all at the interview, it went well - I believe. Hope its not true what is being said that its mostly employed people that got the jobs. I am like many more - out of work a long long time - really needed the job. If it was only to give me back a bit of confidence. I have vast experience in dealing with public, awkward positions, confidentiality and secure storage.....
    Nothing changes in this country/county Its not what you know, but who you know

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aineg

Anyone heard anything in the Carrick-On-Suir, kilsheelan area in Tipp??? Got the panel letter Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Will we be invited to the CSO christmas party, everyone thats on the panel. Maybe a CSO christmas panel piss up, on them for the inconvenience of getting a letter sayin tough **** you weren't good enough to deliver a few forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Huntington

CJ1 wrote: »
    Anyone heard in the lucan area? I got the panel letter last week but nothing since,

Sorry but I had my FS in Lucan out to me yesterday and she told me she has all her areas sorted and contracts signed:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Huntington

Imagine getting one of those estates in limerick

I know someone who did. She was asked at the interview if she'd mind doing those estates and sure she couldn't really say no. They split the worst areas up so everyone has to do a bit.

I feel sorry for the people that really needed this job. But seriously lads, this seems like lottery stuff. Id say if they held all the interviews again, they would get a completely new set of people.

If i got it i was probably going to sub it out to a young lad round my area anyway, 8.50 per hr. Profit made on that.

But all seriousness, if anyone has been allocated the following areas, please pm me:

South Hill
    Moyross
    Ballyfermot
    Jobstown

If you could keep what would be absolute GOLD in a diary I'd love to get it into print or on a very popular blog!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭gonphishin

Just got a call this afternoon and the FS calling out tomorrow.
    I thought I didn't have it as i got the letter on saturday and everyone seemed to be getting the calls earlier in the week. Could have been cos someone dropped out i guess but just goes to show you shouldn't give up hope if you haven't been called yet.

Tallaght?

Not sure what area exactly but should find out tomorrow.
    The interview was held in bewleys in stillorgan and the map covered from knocklyon to rathfarnham and also a huge area around glencullen.
    It could be any of about 12 areas I guess.
    The FS said that the decisions are in the process of being finalised so I'm guessing there's a few calls still to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Huntington wrote: »
    Sorry but I had my FS in Lucan out to me yesterday and she told me she has all her areas sorted and contracts signed:(

Ah well..that's me out! My interview was in Lucan and it was 2 men and they said they said one had 12 people working with them and the other had 11.
    I thought they were the supervisors? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I feel sorry for the people that really needed this job. But seriously lads, this seems like lottery stuff. Id say if they held all the interviews again, they would get a completely new set of people.

If i got it i was probably going to sub it out to a young lad round my area anyway, 8.50 per hr. Profit made on that.

But all seriousness, if anyone has been allocated the following areas, please pm me:

South Hill
    Moyross
    Ballyfermot
    Jobstown

If you could keep what would be absolute GOLD in a diary I'd love to get it into print or on a very popular blog!

Cop on to yourself you are acting like a pathetic begrudging spoilt child because you did not get a job, god help you. And I am from Limerick and i resent your incinuated remarks about THOSE estates as you put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

All the places in the area i'm in have been taken so i saw on the area map. Unless something major comes up for people it's unlikely anything will change.

The letter they sent out was utter rubbish though. I got the same one as pretty much everyone else, though i had been called 4 days before being offered a place. I could imagine how frustrating it would be waiting to receive the letter.

Though making it difficult for the enumerator in your area because they got a place over you has to be one of the most childish thing's i've read on boards, you say that and yet you wonder why you weren't offered a place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dub dude

CJ1 wrote: »

Yes I'm in Lucan, I got a panel letter in the post on Monday morning. Got a phone call on Monday afternoon from a Supervisor offering me a job & we arranged a meeting to sign a contract & other forms. Hope you get a positive response soon...

kilburn wrote: »
    Cop on to yourself you are acting like a pathetic begrudging spoilt child because you did not get a job, god help you. And I am from Limerick and i resent your incinuated remarks about THOSE estates as you put it.

Yes THOSE estates.. i.e. THOSE estates that are headline news every second week.

NIGHTMARE for the poor head getting THOSE. :eek:

• Advertisement

Though making it difficult for the enumerator in your area because they got a place over you has to be one of the most childish thing's i've read on boards, you say that and yet you wonder why you weren't offered a place?

This thread contains the boards record for posters completely de-void of any sort of humour.

The punter collecting my census better have a whopper funny one-liner or its no dice...

Im happily employed in a job that pays my mortgage. nuff said.:cool:

So let me get this straight, EVERYONE that went for an interview gets a letter saying they are on a "panel"??
    And then must await a phone call to say if they got it?

Got my letter today in enniscorthy.....no phone call as of yet :(

Not sure how I could have been any more qualified and able to do this type of work....sigh!!

No a ''panel'' letter means you are through to the ''next stage''. You are basically on a short-list from which they will pick their final ''team''. I'd say if you don't get a phone call fairly soon you can forget about it unless someone in your area who was picked pulls out.

I'd say the reason they may have choosen more unemployed people is because they could devote more hours to it than a person who is currently working fulltime? Just a thought.

Not only that, think about it - it will save the State some cash. Those doing the job, in receipt of Jobseekers allowance or benefit will have to
    forgo maybe 2 days worth of benefit payments per week.

wairky wrote: »
    Absolute joke i had everything skill sets they required except being unemployed , waste of a half day i took off work and then all i get is bull**** super vague letter say im on panel and may be contacted soon(how long is a piece of string). Waste of time dont know why i bothered when you are treated with so little respect.

What's your problem? Are you not able to wait a day or two for a phone call? Soon means a day or two. Anyway there are plenty of skilled unemployed people out there. Since you already have a job it's a bit greedy to be possibly doing an equally qualified jobseeker out of a job.

Were the interviewers the same people who are supervising?

The guys doing mine looked like staunch cso lifers.

Yep. The field supervisors also only interviewed for their own positions last November. They got notified in jan and then ended up doing the interviewing to fill the enumerator positions. I'd say most of the FS were unemployed before getting the position but were supervisors in previous jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sash

dont lose hope yet guys! i got the call today in the north west area.:D supervisor calling out tomoro! Does anybody know what does he bring out ? does he bring a map of the area? and does everyone get 300-400 houses im thinkin the area i got is not that many people there but empty houses> ghoist estates oh the joys!! also i have a locked bedroom but does everyone buy filing cabinets?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

What part of the north-west..... So there is still hope and me all but giving up!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy00

So Ive totally given up but thought Id ask anyway since there still seems to be hope out there1!!... Has anybody been notified from the Galway interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

sour-grapes-sour-grapes-demotivational-poster-1291595006.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Sash - I didnt get a call, but having read through most of this thread, a locked bedroom is enough. You don't need to buy a filing cabinet.

I'm sure someone who has already been called out to will post soon.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement